Accounting & Finance
Posted on Wednesday, March 8, 2023
Working in sales at RenoFi is a dream come true. With a best-in-class product, and more borrowing power than most other lenders can offer, a Renovation Advisor’s job at RenoFi is to make it easy for our homeowners to say “YES.” You’re the first point of contact for our homeowners, and you’re eager to build your book of business from a combination of self-sourced and RenoFi-generated leads.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU:
You’re internally motivated. You’re flexible and adaptable. You’re coachable and implement feedback well. You might make every mistake once, but you try not to make the same mistake twice. You’re a people person and a leader; everyone in your friend group looks for you to take charge.
You’re relentless - hearing the word “no” does not deter you. You know how to multitask, and you can manage the day-to-day of working with dozens of homeowners to help them find the loan that works for them. You know how to follow a process, but you can improve on it as well.
You’re not afraid of being in the trenches, and you’re excited about joining an early-stage company where you can have an outsized impact with outsized upside.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Assisting homeowners with financing solutions for their home renovation projects.
- Calling homeowners who have requested more information from RenoFi
- Educating homeowners on the process of obtaining a renovation loan through RenoFi
- Managing the entire renovation loan process, from initial outreach all the way to close
- Working cross functionally with our operations team to ensure loans get processed in a timely manner
- Following the RenoFi sales playbook and processes to achieve sales targets each month
- Working with RenoFi-provided customers to offer 1st and 2nd mortgage renovation financing solutions
- Building a book of self-sourced referral business from realtors, contractors, builders, financial advisors, etc.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate lending/real estate experience
- 2+ Years as a licensed mortgage loan originator
- Renovation Lending experience preferred
- Active NMLS License (Multiple states preferred)
- Insatiable hunger to learn and master new concepts
- Quick thinker with strong problem-solving ability
- Unrivaled verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working within a CRM-centered, defined sales process. Our team uses Salesforce.
We are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are uncertain about whether you meet our requirements, please apply anyway!
The demand for home renovations has never been stronger, yet, it's surprisingly difficult for a new homeowner to renovate. It can take a decade to build up enough home equity and savings to pay for a major renovation. As a result, recent homeowners do a lot of financially-suboptimal things to compensate like borrow from their 401k, rack up credit card debt, and use high-interest personal loans. Or they just live unhappily for years in a home that doesn't meet their family's needs.
But by completing a major renovation, homeowners are increasing the value of their home. Professional real estate investors leverage this After Renovation Value (ARV) to roll the increase in value into new properties all the time. But there hasn't been a great way for homeowners to take advantage of this. If homeowners had an ability to borrow against the ARV, they could increase their borrowing power up to 10x.
To meet this need, RenoFi created a platform that enables homeowners to borrow funds from RenoFi approved lenders in the form of the first home equity loan purpose-built for renovations! Unlike standard home equity loans, RenoFi Loans use the value of your home post-renovation which lets you borrow the most money at the best possible terms. RenoFi is creating a full suite of renovation loan products to better suit the needs of today’s homeowners!
For homeowners, RenoFi makes it possible to renovate years earlier than might be otherwise feasible. For contractors, we empower the financing of renovations at the point of sale, reducing instances of scope reduction, and ensuring prompt payment. Our lender partners, most often credit unions, rely on RenoFi's platform to generate loans, create efficiencies, and grow membership. The lenders pay RenoFi for the new loans, which allows us to offer our services to homeowners for free. RenoFi is truly a win-win-win for everyone involved.
RenoFi is backed by some of the best startup investors in the world, including First Round Capital, NYCA Ventures, CMFG Ventures, and Canaan Partners.
WE ARE A GLOBALLY DISTRIBUTED TEAM
RenoFi has been built from the start as a fully distributed team with an intentional focus on growing a strong team and culture that spans timezones and nationalities. Here's one fun example!
Please highlight any prior experience working remotely when applying. US or GMT-adjacent timezones will be prioritized.
RenoFi offers competitive cash and equity compensation. Some benefit offerings will vary from country to country. In the United States, we offer competitive health and retirement plans. All staff across the globe enjoy a flexible vacation policy.
READ MORE ABOUT RENOFI
The first blog post we wrote announcing RenoFi to the world and outlining why we started the company: https://www.renofi.com/learn/you-only-raise-your-family-once/
Renovation Loan Time Machine (video) - if you want to see what a Delorean and renovating have to do with each other :)