Strategic Area Manager - West
Relievant Medsystems, Inc.
Join our vision to transform the treatment of chronic low back pain. As a 2023 Gallup Exceptional Workplace Award winner, we have an active and engaging culture where your contributions will lead to a meaningful career. Our inclusive and collaborative environment enables employees to thrive by practicing our core values of integrity, passions, respect, collaboration, creativity, and achievement. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package to our employees.
The Strategic Area Manager delivers Intracept System training to surgeons, OR staff, and the Relievant sales team to achieve successful clinical outcomes for patients. Reporting to the Area Sales Director, this role is an integral member of the sales organization, acts as a special resource to the senior sales leadership, helps to manage the business in selected territories, and augments the Regional Managers development of the sales team. This position requires a thorough knowledge of the spine and pain fields and the ability to launch disruptive technologies. This position is ideal for candidates interested in career growth that may include people leadership opportunities and strategic sales related projects.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with the sales team and customers to achieve successful clinical outcomes through patient selection, product training, and case coverage
- Partner with sales leadership team to development the Territory Managers and Clinical Specialists
- Train sales team members to conduct Intracept training and case coverage
- Partner with cross-functional teams to communicate current market conditions and develop accounts to adopt Intracept
- Evaluate sales team members using objective criteria to determine proficiency in the Intracept System and case support
- Partner with the Area Sales Directors, Regional Managers, and Sales Training Managers to identify and prioritize specific regional and territory opportunities
- Participate in planning, implementation and facilitation of training activities for New Hire Training and at regional and national sales meetings
- Participate in evaluation, development, and refinement of training materials and programs in a creative, dependable, and flexible manner to achieve high-quality outcomes
- Effectively communicate Intracept’s value proposition to customers and field sales teams
- Partner with various departments to create training and plans and materials for the sales team
- Assume territory responsibilities for open territories as designated by the Area Sales Director
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Area Sales Director
- Contribute to our culture of being collaborative, respectful, transparent, ethical, efficient, high achieving, and fun!
- 5+ years of outside medical device sales / sales management experience and demonstrated track record of sales performance (disruptive medical device technology experience strongly preferred)
- Will favor candidates with prior success as a Field Sales Trainer and/or people leadership experience
- Strongly prefer candidates with new therapy introductions, capital equipment, and radiographic imaging experience
- Demonstrated clinical mastery related to surgical devices, pain management experience preferred
- Clear understanding of med tech sales processes, territory management, and customer relationship management
- Experience working in a challenging reimbursement environment
- Experience with practice development. Working with the physicians practice to educate referral base
- Ability to travel 80% of the time
- Where permitted by applicable law, employees of Relievant Medsystems are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment
- Strong desire to lead, mentor and coach others to success
- Able to build strong rapport and relate well to physicians, as well as hospital’s clinical and economic decision makers
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Professional work ethic, strong organizational skills, and ability to operate independently
- Strong interpersonal skills, experience training surgeons in OR setting
- Proficient with technology (mail, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and CRM software)
- Positive, professional, team player, go getter, winner
Bachelors degree required
Relievant provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.