Regional Manager- Pacific Northwest/Mountain
Relievant Medsystems, Inc.
Join our vision to transform the treatment of chronic low back pain. As a 2023 Gallup Exceptional Workplace Award winner, we have an active and engaging culture where your contributions will lead to a meaningful career. Our inclusive and collaborative environment enables employees to thrive by practicing our core values of integrity, passions, respect, collaboration, creativity, and achievement. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package to our employees.
The Relievant Regional Manager (RM) is responsible for leading, managing and mentoring a team of sales professionals to meet or exceed company set sales goals. The RM will collaborate with senior management, Marketing, Reimbursement and Sales leadership to develop specific short- and long-term plans for the sustained growth and scaling of the Region. The RM will develop and achieve sales quotas while managing region expenses to budget. The RM is responsible for recruiting, developing, and retaining an engaged, high performing team, developing, and strengthening relationships with key customers and expanding our customer base. RM must lead with honesty and integrity and possess unwavering business ethics.
Ideally candidates will live in the Seattle, Portland, Salt Lake City or Denver metro areas.
- Lead and manage a team of sales professionals over a large geographic area effectively and efficiently to achieve quarterly sales and expense objectives
- Recruit, develop and retain an engaged, high performing team that maximize revenues and attain corporate objectives
- Spends a significant amount of time in the field with each sales representative to support their professional development needs coaching TMs on selling skills and sharing personal selling experiences in a way that motivates and teaches applicable skills (C-Suite selling, patient care pathways, reimbursement, working with the site of service decision-makers).
- Regularly connects with team members individually (spontaneously and scheduled), via phone and in person, to discuss territory updates and progress towards goals, identifying accounts where RSM involvement may be needed, providing coaching, advice, support, motivation or information to help individuals meet and ideally exceed their defined sales objectives
- Facilitate regular regional team meetings (spontaneously and scheduled), via phone and/or in person, to discuss company/region updates and market information, share successes, discuss learning opportunities and brainstorm amongst the group, among other topics.
- Integrates individual territory plans and account profiles into a broader regional sales plan scaling and recommending the splitting of territories as necessary
- Identify and develop working relationships with KOLs and key customers in their region's key accounts.
- Develop excellence in product and procedure knowledge, maintains knowledge of the industry and the competition, continually seeking information from physicians, suppliers, insurance carriers and others to challenge, modify and prioritize regional strategies and to develop and test new sales strategies and tactics, replicating those that are most successful
- Maintains a talent mindset and actively develops a pipeline of future TM candidates.
- Complies with and maintains an active and ongoing commitment to compliance with all company policies and applicable federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to HIPAA, Sunshine Act and Guidelines on Interaction with US Healthcare Professionals.
- At least 15+ years of experience in medical device sales, and 5+ years of sales management experience in the medical device industry.
- Demonstrated track record of Regional Management performance and individual sales performance
- Experience recruiting top talent and hiring the best in the industry.
- Experience in mentoring team members, leading them to success, as well as issuing performance improvements plans for underperformers when needed.
- Have successfully worked in an operating room environment, physician’s office and has a clear understanding of credentialing process and requirements
- Demonstrated ability to build strong rapport and relate well to internal and external customers; company and cross-functional business partners, hospital administration, physicians, facility office staff, as well as hospital’s clinical and economic decision makers.
- Experience working in challenging reimbursement environments including Medicare/Medicaid, and private regional and national payors
- Must be able to meet all hospital credentialing requirements, including but not limited to, background check, drug screen and certain immunizations.
- Must be insurable and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must be willing and able to travel (by automobile or air, day trips and overnight stays) more than 50% of the time.
Other Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically, considering both short- and long-term impact.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Curious, driven to achieve, and willing to challenge and ask thoughtful questions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to positively manage working relationships.
- Exceptional personal initiative and desire to drive continuous improvement.
- Positive, professional, team player, go getter, winner.
- Prior experience with SalesForce.com preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required
Where permitted by applicable law, employees of Relievant Medsystems are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Relievant provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.