Manager, Market Research & Analytics
Relievant Medsystems, Inc.
Join our vision to transform the treatment of chronic low back pain. As a 2023 Gallup Exceptional Workplace Award winner, we have an active and engaging culture where your contributions will lead to a meaningful career. Our inclusive and collaborative environment enables employees to thrive by practicing our core values of integrity, passions, respect, collaboration, creativity, and achievement. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package to our employees.
Reporting to the Vice President – Marketing & Strategy, this position is responsible for market insights that inform and influence both upstream and downstream commercial strategy and execution. Additionally, this role will have ownership over voice of the customer/market research and analysis that will impact market/customer segmentation & targeting, market expansion, business development, and long-term portfolio decisions. Success in this role requires strong attention to detail, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, continually changing environment.
Hybrid from Edina, MN office (Mon.-Wed. in office, Thursday & Friday remote)
- Gain and deliver market insights to inform strategy for both upstream and downstream commercial strategy
- Lead market research efforts for the company by either executing or working with external vendors to manage and execute on qualitative and quantitative research projects
- Identify and monitor key metrics providing daily, monthly and quarterly insights and reports to track and improve marketing effectiveness
- Provide expertise on data interpretation for the marketing and commercial organizations
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including sales operations, sales, marketing, professional education and sales training to build analytical models, explain data-gathering requirements, deliver analytics insights, and make recommendations
- Create relevant and compelling presentations of market research insights, meaningful conclusions, and actionable recommendations for key stakeholders, including senior management and functional stakeholders
- Define, compute, track, and continuously validate business metrics with descriptive and predictive analysis
- Act as change agent to influence the adoption of data visualization best practices across commercial departments
- Lead voice of customer and brand research to understand awareness and perceptions of Relievant and Intracept across physician audiences and specialties
- Develop process and prioritization model for identifying key markets and segments for targeted campaigns; measure impact and drive continuous improvements
- Provide list management support to identify key targets and customers at industry events
- Partner with outside agencies/vendors to support marketing initiatives and meet deadlines
- Develop, track, and report appropriate marketing & pipeline metrics
- Research medical device market, technology, and competitive dynamics of prioritized prospects
- Provide effective communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Manage & track key performance metrics
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Marketing, Business, Analytics or related field
- 7+ years of strong analytical and problem-solving experience working in Marketing, business analyst role, process improvement, and/or program/project management, preferably in the healthcare, consumer goods, and financial industries.
- Data-driven problem solver with the ability to approach challenges or issues from multiple perspectives
- Experience in providing meaningful narratives through the use of data and visualizations
- Ability to quickly and effectively analyze data, extract trends from analysis, and translate trends into actionable and understandable insights
- Demonstrated organizational skills, attentiveness to detail, ability to work under limited supervision, and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build strong rapport and relate well to internal and external customers; company and cross-functional business partners
- Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically, considering both short- and long-term impact
- Is highly adaptable, operates with a sense of urgency, and challenges the status quo
- Experience working in a medical device start-up company preferred
- Curious, driven to achieve, and willing to challenge and ask thoughtful questions
- Exceptional personal initiative and desire to drive continuous improvement
- Positive, professional, team player, go getter, winner
Relievant provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.