Logistics Account Representative - Monterrey, Mexico
Sales & Business Development, Operations
Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
Posted on Saturday, May 6, 2023
Reibus is looking for a Logistics Account Representative will be responsible for actively sourcing carrier capacity to fulfill our customers' shipping needs and assisting in cross-border operations. This role will serve as the carrier’s primary point of contact working strategically to onboard and drive utilization of carrier partners, will be assisting with building loads, and be the link of communication between carrier and import/export custom processes. We’ve expanded globally and are adding to our Logistics team to fully support customers with presence in Mexico and with cross-border shipping needs. You will work in our Monterrey metropolitan area offices and report directly to the Director of Logistics, supporting our country’s growth. If you are excited to develop mutually beneficial relationships that will serve our customers and carriers and for the opportunity to benefit financially from the increased utilization of the carriers within your portfolio, this is a great fit for you! Reibus values and trains its employees and ensures that they have all the tools necessary to drive success. We want you to learn and grow at Reibus, to try new things, and take chances.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Be a part of our Cross-Border Logistics Department where you will assist with daily operations of building loads, communicating with carriers and customers, send and receive documents for border crossing operations, and generate internal and customer reports.
- Plan and operationalize new carrier sourcing initiatives in specific regional markets intended to support key areas of service, growth, and margin.
- Embody our values and build trust with our carrier network, ensuring that we uphold our commitment to service them as well as our customers.
- Ability to independently manage and prioritize your work streams, based on impact and urgency of your team’s bandwidth and customer needs.
- Prospect new carriers based on existing and potential shipment opportunities to generate a book of regular and trusted capacity.
- Cover customer and marketplace freight through your carrier network as well as inbound and outbound call activity.
- Negotiate the best possible rate with the covering carrier to maximize profit and negotiate rates directly with the customer.
- Act as a main point of contact: Maintain all inbound and outbound communication with carriers and communicate constantly with commercial team.
- Initiate and own administrative functions: Setup carrier accounts, set up customer accounts, establish credit, and follow up on individual transactions until completion.
- Own the CRM data: Create and maintain deal data.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Carrier & Customer Focus: Resolute focus on needs of our carrier partners. View problems through both the carrier and customer lens, basing decisions and prioritization around their needs.
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to leverage carrier relationships and customer needs to create value for all parties involved.
- Drive and follow-through: Strong bias to action, organization, and learning, especially when faced with unique challenges and opportunities.
- Agility: Resourceful, resilient, and proactive in fast-paced environments. Able to seamlessly alternate between various tasks and roll with the punches when things change.
- Collaboration: Assertive with humility—able to lead change in a positive way and always professional under pressure whether engaging with clients or colleagues.
- 3-5 years of experience in working with shippers in the freight/logistics industry preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) with a transportation background
- Being familiar with steel, aluminum, stainless and copper products is a plus.
- 3+ year of experience in Flatbed sales, operations, account management, or similar functions preferred.
- Ability to audit and approve carriers based on costs, safety and legal compliance, paperwork management and route efficiency.
- Familiar with INCOTERMS and import/export cross border operations
- A self-starter capable of working independently within a fast-paced global organization
- Proficiency in MS Office and CRM systems
You may have heard that Reibus is the fastest growing tech startup serving the industrial space with $300B market potential. Why is that? For starters, we offer a virtuous circle of solutions for the metals industry. This includes an easy-to-use B2B marketplace, finance solutions that customers can’t get enough of, and a burgeoning logistics business already growing faster than we imagined. But what drives our success isn’t great technology, or a visionary business plan. It is our culture. We invest in our culture and realize it is what sets us apart. Visit our office and you’ll experience it for yourself. We create an amazing place to work for our people. We solve real problems for our customers. That is why Reibus.
ASK US ABOUT:
Our culture: The company values are at the core of today’s decisions and our vision for the future.
Paid-to-Live policy: It’s not PTO, its PTL! Unlimited vacation, sabbaticals, reimbursements for vacation excursions, and donations to causes you volunteer for.
The “Not-An-Employee Handbook:” Our 4-page preamble to working at Reibus is straightforward, and if you’re the right fit, inspiring.
“Be an adult:” This oft-repeated mantra exemplifies the ownership we empower our people with.
Lighthouse Leadership: We ask our leaders to live in the place of need, stand tall, shine a light, and be a home.
A PLACE THAT LETS YOU BE YOU.
Diversity at Reibus isn’t about checking a box or maintaining a corporate image. We firmly believe that embracing a wide range of perspectives which leads to enhanced innovation, performance and a better place to work. We actively seek out and support individuals from all walks of life, recognizing that their unique experiences and backgrounds contribute to the richness of our collective knowledge. By fostering an environment where we learn from each other's beliefs and celebrate the differences that fuel our learning, we create a dynamic and inclusive workplace.
To learn more about becoming part of the Reibus team by emailing us at email@example.com.
See more open positions at Reibus International
Something looks off?