Director of Engineering
RealtyMogul was founded in 2012 with a mission to empower investors to live the lives they want by generating wealth through real estate investing.
On the Platform, investors pool their money together to invest in commercial real estate deals they may not normally have access to on their own including multifamily, office, retail, industrial and ground-up development. And the best part? The real estate companies manage the properties, providing a truly passive real estate investing experience.
Investors can also invest in one of two REITs (Real Estate Investment Trusts), giving them access to a portfolio of professionally managed properties that can potentially pay monthly or quarterly cash distributions.
Since 2012, RealtyMogul members have collectively invested over $1 billion into over $5.9 billion of real estate nationwide, including 29,000+ apartment units (as of 12/31/22).
About Your Role:
RealtyMogul is seeking an exceptional Senior Software Development Engineer to join our team. Your role will be to assume architectural design leadership and the engineering execution plan for a brand new, under development platform at RealtyMogul. In addition to architectural leadership, you will have specific engineering responsibility to build portions of the platform. This leadership role will work with our CTO, Product Management VP and Director of Engineering to design and build the RealtyMogul platform. This is a critical role to help successfully scale RealtyMogul as the leading online real estate investment platform available today. As an architectural and engineering leader, you will be a mentor for the engineering team on building serverless cloud platforms and will help grow the team as our platform grows.
This is a remote role, we are based in Los Angeles, CA and our working hours are Pacific Time.
This role requires you to be authorized to work in the United States.
What You'll Do:
- Architect, develop, test, and maintain the RealtyMogul platform with a team of engineers
- Build effective, proven, documented architectural designs in a serverless cloud environment
- Be able to write clean and concise code that sets an example for implementations of the architecture
- Build in test coverage for all development work
- Help define coding standards and perform code reviews to maintain a high-quality codebase
- Be a core member of our growing engineering team and help identify continuous improvements to our process
- Be involved in defining technical solutions that allow for a blend of functionality, elegant user experience, stability, and maintainability
- Collaborate with the product, marketing, and Senior Management to achieve the desired outcomes.
Who You Are:
- You are a seasoned engineer who has a proven track record of cloud architecture and engineering experience
- You have experience writing and maintaining application code within a microservice and serverless architecture
- You are a very good communicator, via written word, diagrams and verbal in order to ensure the team understands your designs and execution strategy
- You have experience with event-based development patterns
- You have experience working with AWS services like API Gateway, ECS, Lambda, S3, RDS, SQS, SNS, and Cognito
- You have experience with serverless systems development
- You have experience creating, using, and deploying Docker containers
- You can write unit, integration, functional, and regression tests for your code
- You can review team members’ code and provide insightful feedback
- You have experience migrating legacy applications to microservices based architecture
- You have worked in the AWS Cloud ecosystem for at least 7 years
- You have been an engineer for at least 10 years
- You have a degree in computer science or similar field
Salary Range - $140,000 - $180,000 per year