Micro-Fabrication Process Technician
New Haven, CT, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
Quantum Circuits, Inc. (QCI) is developing a full-stack quantum computing platform using superconducting devices and a modular, robust, and scalable architecture. QCI's mission is to build the first truly useful quantum computers.
Our novel approach to building quantum computers is based on technology developed over a decade of research at Yale University's world-class quantum labs. Our machines have built-in error correction, unique software features that enable lightning-fast algorithm execution, and multiple modes of operation to solve more algorithms than ever, all in one quantum computer.
Why join QCI? You’ll be working with the latest technology at our state-of-the-art facilities, where your curiosity, ingenuity, and initiative will thrive - you'll learn a ton by working with us and have a lot of fun doing it. We have a deep, fast-paced team that's passionate about building the best quantum computers in the world. Join us if you want to be at the forefront of the quantum revolution.
This position plays a critical role in the core mission of QCI: building scalable, high-performance quantum computers. Quantum devices are superconducting circuits that require specialized handling, measurement, and analysis and your work will have a direct impact on the performance of the computer.
What you will be working on:
- As a fabrication technician at QCI, you will join the team fabricating Josephson junction-based quantum circuits for large scale error corrected quantum computers.
- You will be operating and maintaining tools such as metal depositions systems, resist spinners, dicers, and wet and dry etch setups in a clean room environment.
- You will be contributing to both developing new fabrication processes as well as supporting production runs for large-scale systems.
Primary skills we are looking for from you:
- Wafer-scale processing experience
- Process and tool ownership, for example: Lithography (spin coating, developing, exposure), Deposition systems, and Post-processing and testing (dicing, probe station, etc.)
- Experience working with chemicals and chemical safety (solvents, acids, bases, etc.)
- Experience with equipment maintenance and vacuum systems
- Familiarity with the best practices for ESD protection
- Experience working with a multidisciplinary team, working with production requests, and delivering on schedule.
- Experience with laboratory safety procedures
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with Josephson junction fabrication
- Familiarity with lithography (E-beam and Optical)
- Other experience: SEM, AFM, XRD, Wirebonding
QCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.