New Haven, CT, USA
Posted on Saturday, December 2, 2023
Quantum Circuits, Inc. (QCI) is developing a full-stack quantum computing platform using superconducting devices and a modular, robust, and scalable architecture. QCI's mission is to build the first truly useful quantum computers.
Our novel approach to building quantum computers is based on technology developed over a decade of research at Yale University's world-class quantum labs. Our machines have built-in error correction, unique software features that enable lightning-fast algorithm execution, and multiple modes of operation to solve more algorithms than ever, all in one quantum computer.
Why join QCI? You’ll be working with the latest technology at our state-of-the-art facilities, where your curiosity, ingenuity, and initiative will thrive - you'll learn a ton by working with us and have a lot of fun doing it. We have a deep, fast-paced team that's passionate about building the best quantum computers in the world. Join us if you want to be at the forefront of the quantum revolution.
This position plays a critical role in the core mission of QCI: building scalable, high-performance quantum computers. Quantum devices are superconducting circuits that require specialized handling, measurement, and analysis and your work will have a direct impact on the performance of the computer.
As a QCI lab manager, these are the kinds of projects you’d be working on:
- Managing the lab ordering process for procuring equipment, parts and consumables
- Managing and maintaining an inventory of laboratory equipment, parts and vendors
- Overseeing safety and compliance requirements for chemicals, hazardous materials use, for example
- Managing scheduling and logistics for lab operations and equipment as well as overseeing facilities and large lab equipment
What we’re looking for from you:
- Experience with inventory management, supply chain, vendor relations and procurement of equipment and supplies in a laboratory or industry setting
- Experience with coordinating complex laboratory equipment installation
- Experience with laboratory facilities oversight and management, including multi-user facilities
- Experience with chemical and other laboratory safety procedures and compliance requirements
- Direct experience in a physics, nano-fabrication or electronics lab environment
- B. S. in physics, electrical engineering, material science or equivalent experience in an industrial laboratory environment
- A background in RF engineering, nano-fabrication, physics, or quantum computing is preferred
QCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.