New Haven, CT, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 10, 2023
At Quantum Circuits Inc. (QCI), our mission is to build the first truly useful quantum computers. Our full-stack quantum computing platform uses superconducting devices along with a modular, robust, and scalable architecture. Our unique approach is based on technology developed over a decade of research at Yale University's world-renowned quantum labs. Our quantum computers take advantage of integrated error correction, unique software features enabling lightning-fast algorithm execution, and multiple modes of operation in order to solve a multitude of algorithm types.
We are looking for highly motivated software engineers who want to be at the forefront of quantum computing. Are you the type of person who enjoys solving challenging problems and wants to have a major impact? Do you want to be part of a deep, fast-paced team of world-class engineers and scientists that are passionate about building the best quantum computers in the world? Join us at QCI and help build something new and truly revolutionary!
Ensuring a robust, high-quality software stack is essential to QCI's success. As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), you'll be working with the team to understand the testing needs, build out testing infrastructure and frameworks, develop and automate suites of tests, and ensure continuous testing of the entire software product. You will also play a central role in coordinating and ensuring that software issues are resolved with accompanying test updates.
Quantum computing has the potential to transform society and redefine entire industries. If you are excited to work on building the first truly useful quantum computers and are up to the challenge of building a complex system that is flexible, robust, and easy to use, then we want to hear from you!
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), projects you would own include:
- Developing integration tests using artifacts and integrating with the CI/CD pipeline.
- Build test infrastructure for control servers to facilitate test automation.
- Determine where test coverage is missing and add test infrastructure to support developer tests.
- Take ownership of product testing and recommend/implement improvements to existing tools and processes to drive software quality improvements and increase the velocity of the software team.
- Streamline regression testing infrastructure to simplify the process of ensuring bugs are resolved both now and in the future.
- Working with external contractors to ensure the quality of all work products delivered via automation.
- Train software developers and cross-functional team members on chosen test frameworks and best practices.
What we are looking for from you:
- BS or higher in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Math, Physics, or Chemistry.
- Minimum of 5+ years experience.
- Solid foundation in test architecture as well as in-depth knowledge of quality assurance processes and methodologies.
- Experience developing test automation frameworks and writing functional, integration, and acceptance tests.
- Experience with performance, load, and security testing.
- Strong object oriented design and coding skills.
- Strong knowledge of cloud services, CI/CD pipelines, containerization, and databases.
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and able to work collaboratively.
- Able to create clear and concise documentation to communicate with other engineers.
- Ideal experience would include testing products ranging from scalable customer facing web products to products containing custom hardware.
- Comfortable working on both Windows and Linux.
- Open to remote or hybrid.
Quantum Circuits Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.
See more open positions at Quantum Circuits
Something looks off?