New Haven, CT, USA
Posted on Sunday, May 22, 2022
At Quantum Circuits Inc. (QCI), our mission is to build the first truly useful quantum computers. Our full-stack quantum computing platform uses superconducting devices along with a modular, robust, and scalable architecture. Our unique approach is based on technology developed over a decade of research at Yale University's world-renowned quantum labs. Our quantum computers take advantage of built-in error correction, unique software features enabling lightning-fast algorithm execution, and multiple modes of operation in order to solve a multitude of algorithm types.
We are looking for highly motivated software engineers who want to be at the forefront of quantum computing. Are you the type of person who enjoys solving challenging problems and wants to have major impact? Do you want to be part of a deep, fast-paced team of world-class engineers and scientists that are passionate about building the best quantum computers in the world? Join us at QCI and help build something new and truly revolutionary!
As a Software Engineer, you will join our core software team and work on developing key pieces of QCI's software platform. You will work closely with our internal team to continually improve and evolve our systems and tooling. We are looking for engineers with diverse experiences such as distributed systems, data streaming, security, scientific computing, embedded systems, networking, and real-time control systems just to name a few. Sample topics you might work on could include compilers, simulators, highly available web services, efficient streaming and management of large volumes of data, data visualization, job scheduling, messaging, intelligent real-time systems control, and workflow automation.
Quantum computing has the potential to transform society and redefine entire industries. If you are excited to work on building the first truly useful quantum computers and are up to the challenge of building a complex system that is flexible, robust, and easy to use, then we want to hear from you!
As a Software Engineer, the types of projects you could be working on include:
- Automating intelligent calibration workflows for quantum computers.
- Writing real-time control system software to operate the quantum computers.
- Working on efficient and performant compilers and simulators.
- Building highly available, distributed, and fault tolerant systems and web services.
- Building message oriented systems.
- Working with streaming data and web services.
- Working on tools used by our team of physicists.
What we are looking for from you:
- BS or higher in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Math, Physics, or Chemistry. Advanced degrees preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years of hands-on experience.
- Fluent in Python and at least one other high level language such as Java, C++, Go, etc.
- Experience with object oriented programming concepts and design patterns.
- Experience with relational databases including designing and building schemas, query tuning, and best practices. (Postgres, Oracle, etc)
- Experience with non-relational databases and time series databases a plus. (MongoDB, InfluxDB, etc)
- Experience with messaging, caching, and distributed systems. (Kafka, RabbitMQ, and Redis)
- Strong architectural skills and the ability to build systems from the ground up and excited by going from zero to one.
- Strong background in web services, data streaming, and API design.
- Strong background in concurrent programming, algorithms, and data structures.
- Excellent understanding of software best practices and testing concepts and tools.
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to collaborate with interdisciplinary teams.
- Background in scientific computing, quantum physics, or quantum computing a plus but not required.
- Open to remote or hybrid.
Quantum Circuits Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.
See more open positions at Quantum Circuits
Something looks off?