Quantum Engineer (Physicist)
New Haven, CT, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 2, 2022
Quantum Circuits, Inc. (QCI) is developing a full-stack quantum computing platform using superconducting devices and a modular, robust, and scalable architecture. QCI's mission is to build the first truly useful quantum computers.
Our novel approach to building quantum computers is based on technology developed over a decade of research at Yale University's world-class quantum labs. Our machines have built-in error correction, unique software features that enable lightning-fast algorithm execution, and multiple modes of operation to solve more algorithms than ever, all in one quantum computer.
So, why join QCI? You’ll be working with the latest technology at our state-of-the-art facilities, where your curiosity, ingenuity, and initiative will thrive - you'll learn a ton by working with us and have a lot of fun doing it. We have a deep, fast-paced team that's passionate about building the best quantum computers in the world. Join us if you want to be at the forefront of the quantum revolution.
As a QCI Quantum Engineer, here's what you’d be working on:
- Designing, testing, and developing superconducting quantum systems for modular quantum computers through a combination of theory, design, simulation, and test
- Targeted projects aimed at improving specific aspects of device and/or system performance and extending them for use in full systems
- Establishing technical specification requirements for the building and operation of high-performance quantum systems at scale
What we're looking for from you:
- A background in quantum physics, quantum information, and/or quantum computing with a preference for experience with superconducting circuits and circuit QED
- Experience in the design, testing, and development of quantum systems
- Expertise in areas such as quantum error correction, quantum measurement, control and tuneup of quantum systems, quantum simulation, room temperature control systems, and scientific software
- Experience with cryogenics, low-temperature physics, and RF control systems
- Ph. D. in physics, applied physics, or equivalent experience in industry
- Experience with Python or other programming languages and familiarity with using them for measurement and data analysis
- Strong teamwork skills especially with working in interdisciplinary teams with professionals from other fields of physics and engineering
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills
Quantum Circuits Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.