Software Engineer (Full Stack)
Win money betting on yourself playing AAA video games
Software Engineer (Full Stack)
About the role
Players’ Lounge enables gamers of all skill levels to earn money and cryptocurrency playing their favorite AAA video games. Our mission at Players’ Lounge is to give gamers a social and monetary return on investment of their gaming time. We are the game agnostic, play-to-earn layer for the most popular games in the world. To date, we have raised $15m in funding. Investors include: ycombinator, Samsung, Griffin Gaming Partners, Strauss Zelnick, Drake, Marissa Mayer and Myles Garrett.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. To help facilitate this, we support remote, hybrid or onsite work at our New York City or Manchester, UK offices.
We are looking for a Full-stack engineer interested in building great user experiences while tackling hard technical challenges. You will be responsible for architecting and building new features in our mobile and web applications at all levels of the stack. Additionally, you will coordinate with teams responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure. Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with an eye for the details and a love of their craft. As an engineer at Players' Lounge, you'll need to actively communicate with your teammates to ensure that your work is contributing to the team's collective goal.
Our ideal candidate uses our product, has a passion for gaming and our company mission, and works hard to ensure everyone knows about Players’ Lounge. We want our team members to take initiative to improve our product through a deep concern for the user experience and the maintainability of our codebase, while effectively managing the tradeoffs between feature development and refactoring.
- Build out high-quality design with a rich smooth UIs across the mobile and web platforms in both React and React Native
- Expand our core Node.js API that powers our frontend and integrate it into existing components
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality
- Contribute, extend and innovate on crucial business systems across a range of technologies, frameworks and solutions
- Actively addresses technical debt and ensures code is ready for scaling up
Skills we’re looking for
We don’t expect anyone to have experience with all the technologies outlined here, this is just an indicative list of some of the tech we use daily.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working with AWS (API Gateway, Lambda, CloudFront, EC2)
- Ability to write well-documented, clean code
- Comfortable working with version control systems such as Git
- Understanding of APIs, offline storage, and state management
- Experience with Test Driven Development using tools like Jest
- Willingness to learn and absorb feedback
- Bachelors degree of higher in computer science
- 3 years of professional work experience in the software engineering field
About Players' Lounge
Players’ Lounge enables gamers of all skill levels to bet on the outcome of their video game matches and win money. Our mission at Players’ Lounge is to give gamers a monetary return on their gaming time, while adding a new layer of fun and entertainment.
We have raised $15m in funding. Investors include: ycombinator, Samsung, Griffin Gaming Partners, Strauss Zelnick, Drake and Myles Garrett.