IT Support Specialist II
IT, Customer Service
Miami, FL, USA
Posted on Sunday, March 26, 2023
Papa is a new kind of care, built on human connection. Across the country, health plans and employers look to Papa to provide vital social support by pairing older adults and families with Papa Pals, trained and vetted companions, who provide a helping hand and an open ear, resulting in less loneliness and better health.
Founded in 2017 and headquartered in Miami, Papa is backed by Canaan, Tiger Global Management, Comcast Ventures, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, TCG, Initialized Capital, and Seven Seven Six, among other revered institutional and individual investors. We envision a world where no one has to go it alone. Learn more at Papa.com.
Papa is an equal opportunity employer. We proudly support the ParityPledge® for gender and racial parity at the highest levels of business.
**Location: On Site - Miami** While most of our roles here at Papa are remote, this role will be an in-office role at our Miami headquarters.
Papa’s mission is to provide an incredible experience to older adults, reducing loneliness through technology and innovation. We are seeking a highly motivated, collaborative, and highly experienced Level 2 Desktop Support Technician to join our organization to grow with us
professionally and personally.
You will be carrying out duties and tasks as a member of Papa’s growing IT team. To be successful, you must be organized, resourceful, possess knowledge, and wear several hats as they relate to the IT asset lifecycle operations at Papa. These activities include conducting inventory of IT assets, maintaining, and updating asset information, and process end-of-life, defective, and/or damaged equipment appropriately. You should have knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Office & macOS systems. Also, you will need to possess good problem-solving skills and high-level interpersonal skills and provide fast and effective support for clients experiencing hardware and software issues.
What we’re looking for:
● You enjoy working as part of a collaborative team.
● You have a strong passion for current desktop operating systems and related
Your day-to-day activities may include:
● Providing technical support on various computer hardware and software issues.
● Process end-of-life, defective, and/or damaged equipment appropriately.
● Onboarding and Offboarding activities for Papa employees.
● Manage, distribute, and track Papa-owned systems.
● Completing and updating up-to-date inventory records.
● Document computer issues and the appropriate action/solutions performed.
● Track, prioritize, and document requests using an IT support request system.
● Maintain and stay informed of best practices and industry standards.
● Perform diagnostic tests and debug procedures to optimize systems.
● Support IT departmental projects and initiatives.
● Troubleshoot hardware and software technical issues at headquarters office.
● Associate's Degree or equivalent experience.
● Excellent attention to detail and adherence to processes.
● The ability to perform daily work tasks with minimal supervision.
● Fulfill assigned service desk ticket requests per SLAs.
● Excellent interpersonal skills.
● Possess the ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
● Have strong documentation and record-keeping skills.
● The ability to pass a technical assessment test.
Desired Qualifications and skills:
● Advanced knowledge of computer hardware systems and peripherals
● 2 years of Microsoft Windows & or macOS desktop support experience.
● Knowledge of Mobile Device Management solutions
● Customer service experience
Job Type: Full-time.
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and includes the work's general nature. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive, detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change. Papa will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act
(ADA), and other appropriate statutes.
Papa’s culture is People-first. While we have an incredible team of hard working Papa people, at the end of the day, our company is really about family and community – and we celebrate that among our employees. We encourage everyone to truly bring their whole authentic selves to work. To be transparent. To be non-hierarchical. And, above all, to be a really good person.
We see ourselves as a place where every Papa employee feels they belong, a place where careers flourish, a place that brings back purpose and joy to work, a culture where visionaries/entrepreneurs are developed.
Papa’s mission is at the core of our total rewards philosophy wherein we attract and retain high potential talent aligned with our journey. We offer gender neutral and inclusive parental leave policies that offer up to 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave. We immensely value the benefits of a flexible workplace, while designing remote-first principles we ensured that Papa people feel psychologically safe about their career interests while being remote.
Beyond benefits: We want to take care of the whole employee and their families. To stay true to this commitment, we offer family care leave in addition to a generous paid time off policy, 401(k) match up to 4%; family forming support through access to Carrot; emotional health support tools through our medical plans such as Ginger, Happify ; access to women’s leadership network CHIEF to our senior women leaders and a host of events through a monthly culture calendar that enable emotional connectedness in a remote work environment.
See more open positions at Papa
Something looks off?