Social Care Specialist
Posted on Thursday, February 9, 2023
Papa is a new kind of care, built on human connection. Across the country, health plans and employers look to Papa to provide vital social support by pairing older adults and families with Papa Pals, trained and vetted companions, who provide a helping hand and an open ear, resulting in less loneliness and better health.
Founded in 2017 and headquartered in Miami, Papa is backed by Canaan, Tiger Global Management, Comcast Ventures, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, TCG, Initialized Capital, and Seven Seven Six, among other revered institutional and individual investors. We envision a world where no one has to go it alone. Learn more at Papa.com.
Papa is an equal opportunity employer. We proudly support the ParityPledge® for gender and racial parity at the highest levels of business.
The Social Care Specialist reports to the Manager of Clinical Operations and will ensure members receive personal benefit plan guidance in navigating their unique healthcare challenges. They will work with our members to coordinate care between the Papa Pal’s and the patients. The Care Navigator will work to make outreach calls to members and work with them to make sure they are getting the healthcare and benefits they deserve. This role works within a fast-paced, challenging team environment with the goal of ensuring healthcare delivery to our patients with the Pal’s help.
Essential Job Functions:
- Establish and maintain key performance indicators (KPI, OKR)
- Build out Care Navigator workflow
- Work w/ Leadership to create care navigation workflow design and manage development of process and procedures for Care Concierge framework
- Call patients base on health risk stratification and work with them to coordinate care
- Coordinate care between the patients, providers, health plans and Papa Pal’s
- Schedule members AWV and ensure they get seen by a provider
- Work with patients to get care gap closure
- Work with patients to identify health care needs and do an in depth benefits review while working with the member and Pal to make sure the patient gets the benefit they need
- Work with patients to get them access to providers that they need to see
- Non-hierarchical, with a willingness to roll-up your sleeves, multitask and dive into details
- A lack of ego, driven by group outcome, not the individual outcome
- Committed to supporting a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative work environment
- MA, LPN, RN preferred
- 5+ years clinical experience in chronic care management, remote patient monitoring, population health, preventive medicine, gerontology, or internal medicine
- 3+ years people management experience in a clinical setting
- Two (2) years experience in healthcare commercial industry, preferred
- Three (3) year experience leading a virtual primary care or virtual urgent care organization, preferred
- Bachelor’s degree, required, Master’s degree, preferred
- Experience with the Medicare Advantage population highly desirable
Salary & Benefits:
At Papa, we believe in caring for each other. In addition to competitive salaries and challenging work assignments we offer medical, dental and vision insurances, mental health and emotional wellbeing support tools, equity packages; 401k Plan with match of up to 4%, generous gender neutral parental leaves and PTO, lunch stipends and employee events that promote work life balance and camaraderie.
Full-timeThis job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.Papa will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes.
Papa’s culture is People-first. While we have an incredible team of hard working Papa people, at the end of the day, our company is really about family and community – and we celebrate that among our employees. We encourage everyone to truly bring their whole authentic selves to work. To be transparent. To be non-hierarchical. And, above all, to be a really good person.
We see ourselves as a place where every Papa employee feels they belong, a place where careers flourish, a place that brings back purpose and joy to work, a culture where visionaries/entrepreneurs are developed.
Papa’s mission is at the core of our total rewards philosophy wherein we attract and retain high potential talent aligned with our journey. We offer gender neutral and inclusive parental leave policies that offer up to 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave. We immensely value the benefits of a flexible workplace, while designing remote-first principles we ensured that Papa people feel psychologically safe about their career interests while being remote.
Beyond benefits: We want to take care of the whole employee and their families. To stay true to this commitment, we offer family care leave in addition to a generous paid time off policy, 401(k) match up to 4%; family forming support through access to Carrot; emotional health support tools through our medical plans such as Ginger, Happify ; access to women’s leadership network CHIEF to our senior women leaders and a host of events through a monthly culture calendar that enable emotional connectedness in a remote work environment.
See more open positions at Papa
Something looks off?