People & HR, Operations
Geneva, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
Ollie was born with the mission of improving the lives of pets and pet parents nationwide. We make human-grade pet food, tailored for each dog’s nutritional needs, and deliver directly to our customers’ doors. Through Ollie’s carefully crafted meals and health services for members, dogs can truly live their healthiest, happiest lives.
As a member of our growing team, you’ll take part in a company culture that cares deeply about its work and its team members.
- Supervise and direct a team of warehouse associates’ (temps and employees) day to day work and propose job adjustments to GM
- Ensure day to day activities are supportive of a safe working environment; address concerns, take corrective actions to complete regular audits
- Monitor employee productivity & quality and provide training/coaching to meet KPMs.
- Enforce policies and procedures and take corrective actions to include verbal and written warnings along with terminations in conjunction with HR and GM counsel and approval.
- Address areas for improvement across FC retail operations based on GM priorities and goals
- Train new employees on company policies, procedures and responsibilities; address questions and concerns and maintain compliance
- Coach the next generation of leadership within associates and ensure no single points of failure exist
- Act as 24/7/365 backup for FC security and alarms
- Create, receive, collate and process shipment orders
- Prepare paperwork for shipments
- Pull correct inventory from storage based on LIFO and inventory requirements
- Conduct inventory counts and quality audits to ensure standards are met
- Track labor hours used for retail to suggest staff size
- Have the ability to communicate and work with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and personalities.
- Have a working understanding of the following computer applications - Google Chrome, G-Mail, Microsoft Office (Word / Excel), Google Sheets
- Prepare items for shipment and verify orders are accurately filled before shipping out
- Ensure correct packing techniques for outgoing merchandiseEnsure shipments are properly identified and labeled
- Maintain documentation of goods shipped
- Print shipping labels and customs documents where necessaryCheck delivery drivers in and out throughout the day
- Provide TraceGain checks
- Ensure shipments are properly loaded into delivery and transport vehicles
- Update the status of outgoing shipmentsLiaise with operations and logistics to ensure shipments are completed as scheduled
- Notify customer service on any schedule or order changes
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition
- Comply with all safety regulations
- Adhere to standard operating procedures
- Starting up machinery/sealing machine
- Troubleshoot machinery
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years of relevant work experience and qualifications
- Prior warehouse inventory management experience
- Quality control experience
- Proficient in relevant computer applications such as MS Word and ExcelAbility to multitask
- Working knowledge of relevant electronic equipment (scanners, electronic boards)
- Ability to operate warehouse machinery such as forklifts
- Experience with relevant warehouse management system (WMS)
- Adhere to shipping and inventory operating procedures
- Competitive salary and a stake in the company
- Sponsored 401k program with employer match up to 4%
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental and vision
- Unlimited vacation policy that you're encouraged to use
- Paid parental leave
- 1-week paw-ternity leave for new dog parents
- Free Ollie subscription
- Inspiring pack members!
If you'd like to stand out, tell us in your cover letter why you're interested in joining Ollie and how your skills match the responsibilities detailed in this posting.
Ollie embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We're committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Ollie is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please include that in your application.