Tech Lead, Data Platform
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2023
Ollie was born with the mission of improving the lives of pets and pet parents nationwide. We make human-grade pet food, tailored for each dog’s nutritional needs, and deliver directly to our customers’ doors. Through Ollie’s carefully crafted meals and health services for members, dogs can truly live their healthiest, happiest lives.
As a member of our growing team, you’ll take part in a company culture that cares deeply about its work and its team members.
Ollie is looking for a Tech Lead, Data Platform to drive Ollie’s data strategy, architecture + data model, KPI reporting and infrastructure, and data tech stack selection and usage. This technical Data leader will leverage their passion for data-driven experiences, coupled with a deep understanding of data infrastructure within subscription ecommerce, to co- lead the next chapter of evolution in the use of data to drive member experiences, dog wellness, and brand differentiation. You will be innovating in a $45 billion space while improving the lives of dogs everywhere.
This role will report to the Chief Product Officer and will collaborate closely with Engineering and the Director of Analytics.
It is based remotely within the Northeast U.S. for monthly co-working opportunities.
What You'll Do:
- Oversee Ollie data architecture to ensure it’s cohesive, extendable, documented, & adheres to modern data model best practices.
- Own Ollie’s BI reporting infrastructure including KPI definition for new initiatives, dashboard visualization, and ongoing maintenance.
- Drive Ollie’s data strategy including use cases to leverage our canine profiles and new data sources to deliver tailored experiences and targeted marketing growth strategies.
- Hire and mentor a team of analytics engineers, data engineers and data scientists.
- Prioritize roadmap for Data Platform including strategic company initiatives, data model expansion and maintenance, and continuous improvements to Ollie’s data platform.
- Drive the data platform discovery and delivery process, including stakeholder requirements input, backlog grooming, documentation, and other squad ceremonies.
- Discover and manage best in class SaaS platforms and tools, including managing our current stack: Stitch, Airflow, Snowflake, dbt, and Looker.
- Lead data innovation and analysis for select strategic initiatives that cut across business areas and Analytics domains.
- Own Ollie-wide process and communication for data governance policy, privacy compliance adherence, documentation, and data security.
Who You Are:
- You have Data Platform lead experience in direct to consumer (DTC) businesses with a subscription business model.
- You have a track record of technical roles in Data Analytics or Engineering, before more recent leadership roles.
- You have deep discipline and tech stack expertise across all elements of the data lifecycle from extraction, to storage and warehouse, transformation, and visualization. Bonus points for experience in our existing stack: Stitch, Airflow, Snowflake, dbt, and Looker.
- You have hired and managed direct reports in disciplines such as Analytics Engineering, Data Engineering, and Data Science.
- You are skilled in SQL, Python, and dbt and familiar with modern tools and processes to support data cleaning and model building for data science initiatives.
- Experience with data orchestration and enterprise segmentation techniques across action systems and reporting systems.
- You are collaborative with the ability to manage a diverse stakeholder group.
- You believe in Ollie’s mission and empathize with the needs of dogs and their parents.
What You’ll Get
- Competitive pay and a stake in the company
- Sponsored 401k program with employer match up to 4%
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental and vision
- Flexibility to work remotely
- Unlimited vacation policy that you're actually encouraged to use
- Paid parental leave
- 1-week paw-ternity leave for new dog parents
- Free Ollie subscription
- Inspiring pack members!
If you'd like to stand out, tell us in your cover letter why you're interested in joining Ollie and how your skills match the responsibilities detailed in this posting.
Ollie embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We're committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Ollie is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please include that in your application.
See more open positions at Ollie
Something looks off?