Maintenance Project Coordinator
Investing in real estate is one of the most reliable and powerful ways to build generational wealth. From Main Street to Wall Street, investors remain bullish on the long-term returns from residential real estate, especially the single-family home. More Americans are choosing to rent single-family homes for the convenience and low cost of entry. And a new breed of investors is opting to skip the starter home and buy investment properties instead, with a catch: they want to buy outside their own backyard, in fast-growing, mid-sized cities where the price is right and the returns are high.
But investing in real estate isn’t easy - and doing it remotely is even more challenging. From finding the right assets in the right neighborhoods for the right price, to renovating, leasing and managing the property, to collecting rent and handling repairs, to ensuring you’re staying compliant with local laws and regulations, managing a remote investment portfolio can become a full-time job.
That’s where Mynd comes in. We’re a tech-enabled property management and real estate investment company serving more than 18,000 homes across 26 markets. We help individual and institutional investors buy, renovate, market, manage and sell single-family homes. And we help our residents find safe, spacious, and low-maintenance homes from which to launch their lives.
We bring together talent and expertise from real estate and tech to build a proprietary platform that is unmatched in our industry. Powerful workflows, AI tools and intuitive consumer apps help our teams deliver great service, make life easy for residents, and give investors powerful portfolio insights at their fingertips.
We’re making it possible for a new generation of Americans to dream their way - decoupling the homes they live in from the homes they invest in.
We’re grateful to have been named one of Fortune's “Best Places to Work” 2023, a Built-In SF Best Places to Work winner, the #1 fastest-growing company in the East Bay by the San Francisco Business Times, one of the 26 hottest proptech startups of 2023 by Business Insider, and one of America’s Best Startup Employers of 2023 per Forbes. We’ve attracted A players from Starwood Waypoint Homes, Opendoor, McKinsey, BCG, Amazon, Facebook, Upwork, WeWork, One Medical, and Zillow. We’re backed by top VCs, including Lightspeed, Canaan, and Jackson Square, and major institutional investors including Invesco Real Estate.
About the role:
As a Maintenance Project Coordinator - R&M at Mynd you will manage the repairs and maintenance requests for a regional portfolio of rental properties. You will troubleshoot and coordinate service to solve service requests quickly and within budget while providing an excellent customer experience.
This position is classified as remote with our ideal candidate residing in Atlanta, GA.
- Troubleshoot issues to determine necessary repairs
- Schedule and manage service appointments. Including following up with vendors and other parties regularly to ensure the service request is tracking to budget and completion time cycle goals
- Ensure all necessary items and information to successfully resolve the service request are documented and received from other parties
- Assist with reviewing and building of project scopes and pricing from contractors up to a defined dollar amount
- Working closely with leadership to ensure best practices are established and adhered to on each service request
- Proactively managing next steps for each project and communicating frequently with stakeholders
- Quality checking all service request records at completion to ensure records are complete before closing them out.
- Various administrative tasks associated with the virtual management of service requests
- Field inbound queue calls from residents and vendors regarding service requests
- High school diploma (or GED), college degree preferred
- Prior experience in a similar position requiring coordination of residential service requests with multiple stakeholders and deliverables
- Proven ability to execute and manage projects to completion on time and within budget while accurately documenting entire project
- Prior experience utilizing project management or CRM software and the ability to learn new systems
- 2 to 5 years of experience working with repairs and maintenance trades and pricing
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and efficiently manage one's schedule
- Ability to review, understand and put into effect standards and procedure documents
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
$44,000 - $52,000 annually. The compensation range may be adjusted based on experience and location.
At Mynd, we offer a robust, competitive & unique benefits package:
- Unlimited time off
- 13 Paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Cash to purchase your own investment property through our “Project Investor Myndset” program
- Wellness, home office, and cell phone subsidies
- Volunteer time off
- Robust health, dental, vision insurance, and more
- Sabbatical program
- Eligible to participate in Mynd’s equity program
At Mynd, we expect our team members to live and work by our values:
- Be Myndful
- Earn trust
- Team first
- Be an A player
- Think like an investor
As part of our dedication to diversity, Mynd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mynd are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.