Field Superintendent Associate
Investing in real estate is one of the most reliable and powerful ways to build generational wealth. From Main Street to Wall Street, investors remain bullish on the long-term returns from residential real estate, especially the single-family home. More Americans are choosing to rent single-family homes for the convenience and low cost of entry. And a new breed of investors is opting to skip the starter home and buy investment properties instead, with a catch: they want to buy outside their own backyard, in fast-growing, mid-sized cities where the price is right and the returns are high.
But investing in real estate isn’t easy - and doing it remotely is even more challenging. From finding the right assets in the right neighborhoods for the right price, to renovating, leasing and managing the property, to collecting rent and handling repairs, to ensuring you’re staying compliant with local laws and regulations, managing a remote investment portfolio can become a full-time job.
That’s where Mynd comes in. We’re a tech-enabled property management and real estate investment company serving more than 18,000 homes across 26 markets. We help individual and institutional investors buy, renovate, market, manage and sell single-family homes. And we help our residents find safe, spacious, and low-maintenance homes from which to launch their lives.
We bring together talent and expertise from real estate and tech to build a proprietary platform that is unmatched in our industry. Powerful workflows, AI tools and intuitive consumer apps help our teams deliver great service, make life easy for residents, and give investors powerful portfolio insights at their fingertips.
We’re making it possible for a new generation of Americans to dream their way - decoupling the homes they live in from the homes they invest in.
We’re grateful to have been named one of Fortune's “Best Places to Work” 2023, a Built-In SF Best Places to Work winner, the #1 fastest-growing company in the East Bay by the San Francisco Business Times, one of the 26 hottest proptech startups of 2023 by Business Insider, and one of America’s Best Startup Employers of 2023 per Forbes. We’ve attracted A players from Starwood Waypoint Homes, Opendoor, McKinsey, BCG, Amazon, Facebook, Upwork, WeWork, One Medical, and Zillow. We’re backed by top VCs, including Lightspeed, Canaan, and Jackson Square, and major institutional investors including Invesco Real Estate.
About the role:
The Property Associate will be an integral member of our Field Services team, playing a pivotal role in ensuring that our properties exemplify Mynd's high standards, both internally and externally. With a structured schedule curated by our dispatch team, this role serves as an excellent stepping stone for individuals who are self-motivated, detail-focused, and tech-savvy. This is a prime opportunity for candidates keen on paving their way in the real estate industry.
- Complete thorough move-in and move-out inspections of properties and units; perform safety and asset protection checks meant to bring Mynd’s managed homes up to our quality standards and are prepared for new residents
- Conduct onboarding inspections for new homes coming under Mynd Management, document asset information, and verify that new properties are rent-ready
- Perform various other inspections as needed; including annual inspections and occupancy checks
- Serve as Mynd’s “on-the-ground” ambassador; facilitate property showings, post legal notices, manage property access, and meet with third-party vendors as needed
- Ensure Mynd’s homes stay in rent-ready condition; proactively flagging anything impacting the leasing experience
- Perform light cleaning duties as needed, including sweeping, vacuuming, and other cleaning tasks to maintain the cleanliness and appeal of the properties
- Perform other tasks as necessary, to ensure we provide our residents and owners with the highest quality service
- Perform minor repairs, demonstrating proficiency with a power drill
- Ensure safety while navigating to properties and complete tasks in a timely manner
- High school diploma (or GED), or equivalent experience required
- Valid driver's license, and reliable transportation
- Excellent problem solving skills with attention to detail - “always be inspecting” mentality
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and efficiently manage one's schedule
- Tech savvy with ability to learn and use systems for tracking, scheduling and communications
- Positive, can-do attitude with a dedication to excellence and achieving goals
- Can work effectively on one’s own & as a member of various teams and committees
In the course of fulfilling this role, the employee might occasionally encounter fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical components, and mild vibrations. The ambient noise level in certain work environments and job sites can be elevated. Moreover, there are instances where one might experience fluctuating temperatures, come across pests in properties, or encounter unexpected squatter situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen. This position is very active and demands standing for up to 8 hours max, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing throughout the day. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items weighing up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this role include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Extensive daily travel between properties within the assigned local region. Mileage reimbursement will be provided.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
$20.00 - $22.00 hourly. The compensation range may be adjusted based on experience and location.
At Mynd, we offer a robust, competitive & unique benefits package:
- Generous PTO Policy
- 13 Paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Cash to purchase your own investment property through our “Project Investor Myndset” program
- 401k + Match
- Wellness, home office, and cell phone subsidies
- Volunteer time off
- Robust health, dental, vision insurance, and more
- Sabbatical program
- Eligible to participate in Mynd’s equity program
At Mynd, we expect our team members to live and work by our values:
- Be Myndful
- Earn trust
- Team first
- Be an A player
- Think like an investor
As part of our dedication to diversity, Mynd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mynd are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.