Investing in real estate is one of the most reliable and powerful ways to build generational wealth. From Main Street to Wall Street, investors remain bullish on the long-term returns from residential real estate, especially the single-family home. More Americans are choosing to rent single-family homes for the convenience and low cost of entry. And a new breed of investors is opting to skip the starter home and buy investment properties instead, with a catch: they want to buy outside their own backyard, in fast-growing, mid-sized cities where the price is right and the returns are high.
But investing in real estate isn’t easy - and doing it remotely is even more challenging. From finding the right assets in the right neighborhoods for the right price, to renovating, leasing and managing the property, to collecting rent and handling repairs, to ensuring you’re staying compliant with local laws and regulations, managing a remote investment portfolio can become a full-time job.
That’s where Mynd comes in. We’re a tech-enabled property management and real estate investment company serving more than 18,000 homes across 26 markets. We help individual and institutional investors buy, renovate, market, manage and sell single-family homes. And we help our residents find safe, spacious, and low-maintenance homes from which to launch their lives.
We bring together talent and expertise from real estate and tech to build a proprietary platform that is unmatched in our industry. Powerful workflows, AI tools and intuitive consumer apps help our teams deliver great service, make life easy for residents, and give investors powerful portfolio insights at their fingertips.
We’re making it possible for a new generation of Americans to dream their way - decoupling the homes they live in from the homes they invest in.
We’re grateful to have been named one of Fortune's “Best Places to Work” 2023, a Built-In SF Best Places to Work winner, the #1 fastest-growing company in the East Bay by the San Francisco Business Times, one of the 26 hottest proptech startups of 2023 by Business Insider, and one of America’s Best Startup Employers of 2023 per Forbes. We’ve attracted A players from Starwood Waypoint Homes, Opendoor, McKinsey, BCG, Amazon, Facebook, Upwork, WeWork, One Medical, and Zillow. We’re backed by top VCs, including Lightspeed, Canaan, and Jackson Square, and major institutional investors including Invesco Real Estate.
This role is considered remote with our ideal candidate residing in Dallas, TX.
About the Role:
A Vendor Manager at Mynd is pivotal in fostering mutually beneficial relationships with third-party maintenance vendors across our portfolio of single-family homes. Our Vendor Managers are responsible for building and managing a robust vendor network that aligns with our demands for Repairs and Maintenance (R&M), Turn, and Renovation services. In addition to overseeing operational needs, the Vendor Manager will focus on optimizing performance against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and ensuring adherence to Service Level Agreements (SLAs). This role requires a strategic and data-driven individual with a strong background in vendor relationship management.
- Creating and nurturing mutually beneficial relationships with third-party maintenance vendors.
- Building and managing a vendor network that meets R&M, Turn, and Renovation demand and operational needs.
- Driving vendor performance against established KPIs and ensuring adherence to SLAs.
- Driving product adoption of the vendor portal
- Utilizing reporting and analytics to make data-driven decisions that enhance operational effectiveness.
- Conducting market visits to review vendor quality, build rapport, and vet potential new vendors.
- Delivering and reviewing vendor performance feedback to the vendor network on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Identifying sourcing gaps, prioritizing needs, and recruiting vendors
- Negotiating and establishing set pricing structures to optimize cost management.
- Serving as the vendor's voice to internal Mynders, ensuring effective communication and collaboration.
- Providing support to the internal Mynd operations team, demonstrating adaptability in addressing operational challenges.
- Managing, documenting, and resolving escalations
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally in a team environment
- 5+ years of experience leading, developing, and growing vendor relationships
- Experience with residential Repairs and Maintenance field operations
- Strong analytical capabilities to evaluate performance and an understanding of fair and optimal pricing structures
- Excellent planning, organization, and delivery skills, and comfortable in high-pressure situations
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal stakeholders and external customers
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective communication to work successfully with a range of stakeholders, including regional employees, field staff, office staff, executive leadership, and external customers
- Thrives in a fast-paced and startup environment
- Experience in making data-driven decisions utilizing reporting
- Proficient in Google Suite applications, including Docs, Sheets, and Slides with demonstrated expertise in efficient document creation, collaboration, and data management.
Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment and we are unable to sponsor H1-B Visas at this time.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
- Up to 25%
$70,000 - $90,000 annually. The compensation range may be adjusted based on experience and location.
At Mynd, we offer a robust, competitive & unique benefits package:
- Unlimited time off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Cash to purchase your own investment property through our “Project Investor Myndset” program
- 401k + Match
- Wellness, home office, and cell phone subsidies
- Volunteer time off
- Robust health, dental, vision insurance, and more
- Sabbatical program
At Mynd, we encourage all of our team members to:
- Be Myndful
- Always Be Entrepreneurial
- Earn Trust
- Play Team First
- Be an ‘A’ Player
- Think Like An Investor
As part of our dedication to diversity, Mynd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mynd are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.