Investing in real estate is one of the most reliable and powerful ways to build generational wealth. From Main Street to Wall Street, investors remain bullish on the long-term returns from residential real estate, especially the single-family home. More Americans are choosing to rent single-family homes for the convenience and low cost of entry. And a new breed of investors is opting to skip the starter home and buy investment properties instead, with a catch: they want to buy outside their own backyard, in fast-growing, mid-sized cities where the price is right and the returns are high.
But investing in real estate isn’t easy - and doing it remotely is even more challenging. From finding the right assets in the right neighborhoods for the right price, to renovating, leasing and managing the property, to collecting rent and handling repairs, to ensuring you’re staying compliant with local laws and regulations, managing a remote investment portfolio can become a full-time job.
That’s where Mynd comes in. We’re a tech-enabled property management and real estate investment company serving more than 18,000 homes across 26 markets. We help individual and institutional investors buy, renovate, market, manage and sell single-family homes. And we help our residents find safe, spacious, and low-maintenance homes from which to launch their lives.
We bring together talent and expertise from real estate and tech to build a proprietary platform that is unmatched in our industry. Powerful workflows, AI tools and intuitive consumer apps help our teams deliver great service, make life easy for residents, and give investors powerful portfolio insights at their fingertips.
We’re making it possible for a new generation of Americans to dream their way - decoupling the homes they live in from the homes they invest in.
We’re grateful to have been named one of Fortune's “Best Places to Work” 2023, a Built-In SF Best Places to Work winner, the #1 fastest-growing company in the East Bay by the San Francisco Business Times, one of the 26 hottest proptech startups of 2023 by Business Insider, and one of America’s Best Startup Employers of 2023 per Forbes. We’ve attracted A players from Starwood Waypoint Homes, Opendoor, McKinsey, BCG, Amazon, Facebook, Upwork, WeWork, One Medical, and Zillow. We’re backed by top VCs, including Lightspeed, Canaan, and Jackson Square, and major institutional investors including Invesco Real Estate.
About the role:
The Onsite Manager (OSM) is responsible for maintaining the common areas, assists with the property’s repairs, and regular communication with residents which consists of but not limited to scheduling repairs, assisting with access to the units for repairs/emergencies, inspections, or any visit needed. The OSM will log issues reported by residents and communicate back to the Property Manager regularly. The OSM is essentially the eyes and ears of the building, so communication with the Property Manager and Residents is paramount.. This position requires the On Site Manager to live within a specific building and is responsible and to be the first responder to emergency issues at the building. The OSM works independently to accomplish the goals and complete the task of and assigned by the building’s owner and/or property management company.
Location: 1130 Babcock Rd, San Antonio, TX 85201
- Weekly upkeep of the exterior walkways and common areas, including removing all litter and debris from the building grounds, including city sidewalks, gutters and general marketing perimeter surrounding the building.
- Cleaning laundry rooms, mailbox areas and pool areas, as applicable.
- Assist with leasing units by placing keys in lockboxes for self-showings, hosting open houses as requested and performing in-person showings as needed.
- Assist with inspections of units, including but not limited to: Rent Ready, Move-In, Initial Move-Out, Move-Out, City and County Required, and Preventative Maintenance.
- Respond to emergency on-call issues including taking phone calls, contacting vendors, as needed, taking photos, writing preliminary incident reports and reporting incidents to and follow up with the property management company.
- Assist with touch up cleaning of vacant units between residents.
- Checks and replaces or requests replacement of exterior lighting.
- Clean trash and recycling areas weekly. Break down oversized boxes, small furniture and compact trash bin contents, as needed.
- Monitor trash and recycling to ensure scheduled pick ups occur. Champion city recycling requirements where applicable.
- Perform minor work orders, as requested per OSM skill set.
- Ensures that storage areas always remain locked when not in use and that all occupied storages are income bearing.
- Light landscape work, including, but not limited to pulling weeds, watering planters and raking leaves. Must be able to use a blower, shovel and other equipment, as needed.
- Deliver resident communication and legal documents as required and within local, state and federal regulations.
- Monitor parking spaces, issue citations and request tow of cars that are improperly parked, abandoned or in spaces assigned to another resident. Additionally, audit that all income bearing parking spaces are only used by persons with parking agreements for that space.
- Appear before rent boards and at city compliance-related meetings as necessary.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Must own smartphone and possess adequate skills to manage tasks and reports through mobile applications
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen
- Must be able to work at varying times, including evening and weekends hours and be available for on-call status.
- Must have ability to viably communicate verbally and in writing
- Must have strong customer service skills
- Both indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather
- May be required to stand for several hours at a time, to climb up stairs several times a day and to lift a minimum of 30 pounds
Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment and we are unable to sponsor H1-B Visas at this time.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
- [5%] Possible court appearances for eviction proceedings
$20.00 hourly. A $500 rental discount offered as part of the compensation package.
At Mynd, we expect our team members to live and work by our values:
- Be Myndful
- Earn trust
- Team first
- Be an A player
- Think like an investor
As part of our dedication to diversity, Mynd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mynd are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.