Principal Product Marketing Manager
Investing in real estate is one of the most reliable and powerful ways to build generational wealth. From Main Street to Wall Street, investors remain bullish on the long-term returns from residential real estate, especially the single-family home. More Americans are choosing to rent single-family homes for the convenience and low cost of entry. And a new breed of investors is opting to skip the starter home and buy investment properties instead, with a catch: they want to buy outside their own backyard, in fast-growing, mid-sized cities where the price is right and the returns are high.
But investing in real estate isn’t easy - and doing it remotely is even more challenging. From finding the right assets in the right neighborhoods for the right price, to renovating, leasing and managing the property, to collecting rent and handling repairs, to ensuring you’re staying compliant with local laws and regulations, managing a remote investment portfolio can become a full-time job.
That’s where Mynd comes in. We’re a tech-enabled property management and real estate investment company serving more than 18,000 homes across 26 markets. We help individual and institutional investors buy, renovate, market, manage and sell single-family homes. And we help our residents find safe, spacious, and low-maintenance homes from which to launch their lives.
We bring together talent and expertise from real estate and tech to build a proprietary platform that is unmatched in our industry. Powerful workflows, AI tools and intuitive consumer apps help our teams deliver great service, make life easy for residents, and give investors powerful portfolio insights at their fingertips.
We’re making it possible for a new generation of Americans to dream their way - decoupling the homes they live in from the homes they invest in.
We’re grateful to have been named one of Fortune's “Best Places to Work” 2023, a Built-In SF Best Places to Work winner, the #1 fastest-growing company in the East Bay by the San Francisco Business Times, one of the 26 hottest proptech startups of 2023 by Business Insider, and one of America’s Best Startup Employers of 2023 per Forbes. We’ve attracted A players from Starwood Waypoint Homes, Opendoor, McKinsey, BCG, Amazon, Facebook, Upwork, WeWork, One Medical, and Zillow. We’re backed by top VCs, including Lightspeed, Canaan, and Jackson Square, and major institutional investors including Invesco Real Estate.
About the Role
Mynd is looking for a senior product marketing leader to build and scale our Product Marketing organization. As a senior individual contributor with cross-functional influence , you’ll lead segmentation strategy and GTM launch planning for new products, services, and markets. You should be a strong writer and seasoned strategist who is equal parts left brain and right brain. You have a knack for analyzing data, teasing out insights, building business cases for strategic and opportunistic initiatives, and distilling complex information into crisp artifacts, digestible soundbites, and compelling stories. You have a history of building scalable processes and infrastructure, and driving complicated cross-functional initiatives across the finish line.
Working in lockstep with the Director of Lifecycle Marketing, you’ll sit at the intersection of Marketing, Product, Operations, and Sales (both consumer and enterprise) with considerable influence and visibility throughout the company. This is a remarkable opportunity to lead a critical function at a Series C growing startup.
- Lead the charge to compile and analyze platform usage, pricing, segment, customer survey, competitive, and market data and convert it into actionable insights.
- Gather and analyze data to develop internal-facing personas, use cases, segmentation strategy, differentiated messaging, and customer-facing collateral.
- Lead a cross-functional pricing taskforce of product, data science, finance, asset management, operations, and sales leaders to solidify Mynd’s pricing strategy e.g. retrospectives on desired vs. actual margins for all products and services, flat fee vs. % fee structure, Mynd-funded guarantee underwriting, bundling vs. a la carte line items, and more.
- Train the sales, marketing, and product teams on the key demographic, firmographic, and psychographic characteristics of our target audiences.
- Uncover and craft compelling stories, copy, and campaigns about Mynd products, services, and customers to draw more customers with target profiles into our sales funnel.
- Partner with the product team to improve the UI and UX of consumer apps and dashboards, driving higher product utilization both internally and externally.
- Review and revise recurring customer communications and product notifications to delight and retain investors and residents.
- Inject creativity, customer centricity, clarity, consistency, and an upleveled brand aesthetic into all marketing and product assets.
- 2 years minimum product marketing experience plus 5 years of progressive experience in a product, analytics, marketing, or strategy role at a high-profile technology or real estate company.
- B2B SaaS, real estate, and/or experience at a beloved consumer brand is a plus.
- Deep knowledge of product marketing and research methodologies.
- Ability to thrive in a highly-matrixed, fast-moving work environment.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills.
- The maturity and ability to manage up and through influence.
- Knowledge of real estate investing, asset management, or property management is a plus.
This role is based at Mynd’s headquarters in the vibrant Uptown neighborhood of Oakland, California. Remote candidates who are in markets in which Mynd operates locally, and who have a history of managing distributed teams are also encouraged to apply.
Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment and we are unable to sponsor H1-B Visas at this time.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
$170,000 - $230,000 annually. The compensation range may be adjusted based on experience and location.
At Mynd, we offer a robust, competitive & unique benefits package:
- Unlimited time off
- 13 Paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Cash to purchase your own investment property through our “Project Investor Myndset” program
- 401k + Match
- Wellness, home office, and cell phone subsidies
- Volunteer time off
- Robust health, dental, vision insurance, and more
- Sabbatical program
- Eligible to participate in Mynd’s equity program
At Mynd, we expect our team members to live and work by our values:
- Be Myndful
- Earn trust
- Team first
- Be an A player
- Think like an investor
As part of our dedication to diversity, Mynd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mynd are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.