Mynd is a tech-enabled real estate company serving the $85B+ property management and real estate investment market. In the past few years, consumers have gained access to free stock trades, greater transparency in the mortgage market, and apps that make managing their money more convenient. Yet real estate investment, the most powerful tool for building generational wealth, has largely been the purview of wealthier individuals and professional money managers.
Mynd is determined to overhaul that paradigm.
At Mynd, we’re on a mission to democratize access to happy homes and sustainable investments by making the purchase of single-family residential real estate as effortless as other types of investments. Investing in real estate can be intimidating, especially for first-time buyers. Moreover, many potential investors don’t want to buy real estate in their geographic area, or have been priced out of competitive big city housing markets.
With operations in 25 markets across the U.S. and real-time insights via our platform, we remove the time, communication, and geographic barriers traditionally associated with buying real estate. Investors can now find, purchase, lease, manage, and sell single-family rental properties 100 percent remotely.
Mynd is Best Places to Work certified, a Built In SF Best Places to Work 2022 winner, and was named the #1 fastest-growing East Bay company by the San Francisco Business Times in 2021. We’ve attracted talent from Starwood Waypoint Homes, The New York Times, McKinsey, BCG, Compass, Better, One Medical, Zillow, Upwork, WeWork, and Facebook. We’re backed by top VCs, including Lightspeed, Canaan, Jackson Square, and QED, and recently announced a $5 billion deal with Invesco Real Estate that will make us the largest buyer of single-family rental homes in the country.
About the Role:
A Maintenance Technician is responsible for keeping the rental properties in excellent condition, both inside and out. The ideal candidate would be self-motivated, highly customer focused, technically skilled, fast moving, and technologically proficient. This position services multiple properties.
- Perform routine and preventive maintenance on apartments and single family homes, including units, common areas and amenities
- Complete thorough inspections of buildings, units and homes (including move-out, make ready, and onboarding inspections)
- Ensures heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems are operational. Performs HVAC tune-up, replaces fan motors, and capacitors.
- Perform preventive maintenance, property upkeep and repairs
- Complete internally managed service requests
- Prepare vacant units for new move-ins
- Perform quality assurance inspections of work completed by outside vendors
- Ensure proper removal and disposal of trash, if needed
- Use a variety of hand and power tools
- Respond to on-call and potentially after hours emergencies in a timely manner
- Work in a safe manner and recognize unsafe situations. Take appropriate action to ensure safety of themselves and others in building
- Serve as Mynd’s “on-the-ground” ambassador; post legal notices and inside maps across the property
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED equivalency required. Associates degree from a technical college preferred.
- HVAC Type II Certification required, Universal Certification preferred
- Valid driver's license & reliable transportation
- Two or more years of direct building maintenance experience strongly desired
- Two or more years in related experience as a contractor, construction worker, or mechanic required (Plumbing, electrical, HVAC, general, painters, etc.)
- Tools (hammer, screwdrivers, channel locks, multimeter, allen wrenches, pliers, knife, flashlight)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (written follow-up, ability to explain solutions to resident issues, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and efficiently manage one's schedule
- Tech savvy with ability to learn and use systems for tracking, scheduling and communications
- Ability to use mobile applications and other tools for a variety of tasks
- Experience working with smart home technology (locks, thermostats, etc.)
- Positive, can-do attitude with a commitment to excellence and achieving goals
- Can work effectively independently, and as a member of various teams and committees
- Flexible schedule with ability to work evenings and weekends, if needed
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
$25.00 - $30.00 hourly. The compensation range may be adjusted based on experience and location.
At Mynd, we offer a robust, competitive & unique benefits package:
- Generous PTO policy
- 13 Paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Cash to purchase your own investment property through our “Project Investor Myndset” program
- 401k + Match
- Wellness, home office, and cell phone subsidies
- Volunteer time off
- Robust health, dental, vision insurance, and more
- Sabbatical program
- Eligible to participate in Mynd’s equity program
At Mynd, we encourage all of our team members to:
- Be Myndful
- Earn Trust
- Play Team First
- Be an ‘A’ Player
- Think Like An Investor
As part of our dedication to diversity, Mynd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mynd are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.