Mynd is a tech-enabled real estate company serving the $85B+ property management and real estate investment market. In the past few years, consumers have gained access to free stock trades, greater transparency in the mortgage market, and apps that make managing their money more convenient. Yet real estate investment, the most powerful tool for building generational wealth, has largely been the purview of wealthier individuals and professional money managers.
Mynd is determined to overhaul that paradigm.
At Mynd, we’re on a mission to democratize access to happy homes and sustainable investments by making the purchase of single-family residential real estate as effortless as other types of investments. Investing in real estate can be intimidating, especially for first-time buyers. Moreover, many potential investors don’t want to buy real estate in their geographic area, or have been priced out of competitive big city housing markets.
With operations in 25 markets across the U.S. and real-time insights via our platform, we remove the time, communication, and geographic barriers traditionally associated with buying real estate. Investors can now find, purchase, lease, manage, and sell single-family rental properties 100 percent remotely.
Mynd is Best Places to Work certified, a Built In SF Best Places to Work 2022 winner, and was named the #1 fastest-growing East Bay company by the San Francisco Business Times in 2021. We’ve attracted talent from Starwood Waypoint Homes, The New York Times, McKinsey, BCG, Compass, Better, One Medical, Zillow, Upwork, WeWork, and Facebook. We’re backed by top VCs, including Lightspeed, Canaan, Jackson Square, and QED, and recently announced a $5 billion deal with Invesco Real Estate that will make us the largest buyer of single-family rental homes in the country.
About the Role:
The role of the Property Manager is to provide excellent service to our most valued clients, our investors. You will manage a portfolio of single-family homes and small multi-family properties throughout Mynd-defined geographic footprints and be the primary point of contact for our investors. You are responsible for oversight of all phases of property management in your area, including leasing, turns, resident relations, repairs & maintenance, and investor communications to ensure the investor's asset is performing. You will have critical touch-points with our investors to help expand their investments through our Investor Services team.
Mynd’s unique approach to ‘team property management’ provides the Property Manager with a wealth of centralized resources to help them execute all phases of management for their portfolio. Between these resources and their own area staff, the successful Property Manager must know how to efficiently and effectively lead a team of people while consistently solving the myriad of escalations that arise during day-to-day operations.
You should love both real estate and technology and want to use your property management skills to build a truly next-generation property management company.
Location: This position is considered remote, but the candidate must be located in the greater Sacramento area.
- Provide exceptional customer service at all times to owners, prospects, and residents
- Lead a portfolio inclusive of both single-family residential homes and small multi-family buildings (~550 units) to meet company objectives and metrics
- Systematically assess, organize, schedule, and execute tasks by leveraging proprietary technology and our central teams
- Work closely with the Resident Services, Property Services, and Leasing Services team to ensure all aspects of the portfolio are successfully managed and performing
- Identify and take on escalated challenges
- Create trust with owner clients and provide high-level asset management
- Ability to discuss and cross-sell Mynd real estate products
- Enthusiastically participate in innovation by testing software, processes, and organizational changes and providing feedback
- You may oversee Onsite Managers, who live on the premise of any property with sixteen or more apartments and perform various tasks at the property
- Assist investors with the purchase/sale of income properties
- Must have an active Real Estate License
- Associates degree in Business or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal communications
- Strong customer service skills with a focus on developing and cultivating relationships with new and existing clients (owners, investors, residents, vendors, and more)
- Comfortable with fast-paced growth, ambiguity, and change
- At least one year of experience in office administration, account management, or other customer service role requiring strong organizational skills
- Tech-savvy and familiar with industry property management software (Yardi, MRI, AppFolio, Onesite and/or Propertyware), Google Applications, Microsoft Office Applications, and Mobile Applications
- Experience in Property Management, preferably in fee management for small buildings, a plus
- Positive, can-do attitude with a dedication to excellence and achieving goals.
- Can work effectively solo and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed
Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment and we are unable to sponsor H1-B Visas at this time.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
$60,000 - $70,000 annually. The compensation range may be adjusted based on experience and location. Additionally, this position is eligible for a bonus based upon achievement of performance objectives.
- Must be able to travel within the assigned area a minimum of 10% of the time
- Travel is required for training + offsites
- Valid drivers license and a reliable source of transportation
At Mynd, we offer a robust, competitive & unique benefits package:
- Unlimited time off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Cash to purchase your own investment property through our “Project Investor Myndset” program
- 401k + Match
- Wellness, home office, and cell phone subsidies
- Volunteer time off
- Robust health, dental, vision insurance, and more
- Sabbatical program
- Licensing fees and continuing education covered by Mynd
- Bonus and referral opportunities
- Ability to list properties for sale and earn additional commissions
At Mynd, we encourage all of our team members to:
- Be Myndful
- Earn Trust
- Play Team First
- Be an ‘A’ Player
- Think Like An Investor
As part of our dedication to diversity, Mynd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mynd are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.