Corporate Legal Counsel
WHO WE ARE
Mondee, Inc. is a travel technology company and modern travel marketplace rapidly transforming the industry. Headquartered in Austin, TX, Mondee has a global footprint with operations across India, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Greece, and Thailand. Mondee is driving change in the leisure and corporate travel sectors through its broad array of innovative solutions. Mondee’s platform processes over 50 million daily searches and generates a substantial transactional volume annually. Its network includes approximately 60,000 leisure travel advisors and gig economy workers, 500+ airlines, and over one million hotels and vacation rentals, 30K rental car pickup locations, 50+ cruise lines.
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for an experienced Corporate Counsel who wants to work at a quickly-growing public company to join our nimble legal team. In this role, you will report directly to the General Counsel to provide legal advice, ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and work with key stakeholders to help drive our continued growth.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Provide legal advice and support on a wide range of corporate matters, including contracts, consumer-facing terms and conditions, consumer-facing marketing collateral, and data privacy (including GDPR).
- Draft, review, and negotiate various commercial agreements, including customer agreements, services agreements, vendor contracts, data protection agreements, license agreements, and partnership agreements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that legal and business objectives are aligned and met.
- Monitor and keep the company informed of relevant legal developments, regulatory changes, and industry trends in marketing and data protection.
- Manage external legal counsel, as needed, to ensure cost-effective and high-quality legal representation.
- Implement a contract management system including compiling and organizing existing legal documents
- Assist with any other legal or compliance-related matters, as needed.
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree from an accredited law school and an active member in good standing of at least one state bar.
- Minimum of 5 years of legal experience, preferably with a combination of law firm and in-house experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in corporate law, contracts, and marketing matters.
- Experience working with technology companies, is a strong plus.
- Experience working with publicly traded companies, is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of international law and experience with respect to consumer and data regulations.
- Exceptional communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- A proactive, business-minded approach to problem-solving, with a commitment to providing practical legal advice and solutions.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive base salary depending on experience
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision insurance, life insurance, and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- RSU grants
- 401K plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Vacation + sick time off
- Lunch is provided daily
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks, beverages, coffee, tea, etc.