TPO-II (Senior Engineering Manager)
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Tuesday, November 7, 2023
Who we are
Mindtickle is the market-leading revenue productivity platform with enablement and operations solutions. Mindtickle is recognized as a market leader by top industry analysts and is ranked by G2 as both the #2 enterprise software product and #7 sales product. This year, Mindtickle was recognized for its outstanding customer support winning a Gold Stevie Award for Sales and Customer Service and has an A rating from Security Scorecard.
We are seeking a TPO-2 (Senior Engineering Manager) to join our Platform Team at Mindtickle. In this role, you will lead a stellar team of cross-functional individuals, contributing to the development of the core Mindtickle platform. Your responsibilities will include shaping the vision and building technical capabilities across various systems. We are looking for an engineering leader who has hands-on experience in building highly reliable distributed systems.
You will work directly with engineering teams, program managers, and product managers to define requirements, identify dependencies, estimate efforts, and deliver on sprint goals. You are an engineer at heart who understands and highlights deep technical and non-technical issues that should be timely addressed.
Tech stack you will get exposure to GoLang, Java, Python, NodeJS, Serverless Technologies (AWS Lambda, AWS Step Functions), and Kafka.
What’s in it for you?
- Develop strategies for effective development and long-term architectural planning.
- Execute product plans and manage delivery commitments.
- Collaborate closely with business, product, and other functions to define product roadmaps.
- Work alongside tech leads and architects to solve complex problems.
- Lead the hiring, mentoring, and development of engineers to create high-performing teams.
- Continuously evaluate relevant technologies, and influence architecture and design discussions.
We’d love to hear from you, if you:
- Possess Bachelor's degree in Computer Science.
- Have at least 12 years of experience in Software Engineering.
- have at least 3 years of experience in Engineering Management
- Have 5+ years of hands-on experience with technologies like Java, Python, Node.js, SQL, and Kafka.
- Proven ability in architecture and building scalable systems and knowledge of software architecture and system design
- Acquire a solid understanding of Event First/Microservices/Serverless Architecture, and Schema Evolution.
- Have Knowledge of modern DevOps tools and techniques.
- Demonstrated leadership in a cross-functional, highly collaborative environment.
- Own great mentoring skills and the ability to work with different stakeholders. Ability to build strong relationships with people and drive them towards a common goal.
- Have managed teams of ~30 engineers, including 1 or more engineering managers reporting to you
- Own great management and team development skills: the ability to set roadmap and goals for a team and every one of its members, delegate intelligently, mentor engineers, deliver frequent and honest feedback, help team members grow in their careers, and deliver results
- Demonstrated focus on continuous improvement of systems, software, and processes through data analysis and metrics.
- Experienced with setting up/tracking key engineering metrics and summarizing them for executive decision-making
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills
Our culture & accolades
As an organization, it’s our priority to create a highly engaging and rewarding workplace. We offer tons of awesome perks and many opportunities for growth.
Our culture reflects our employee's globally diverse backgrounds along with our commitment to our customers, and each other, and a passion for excellence. We live up to our values, DAB, Delight your customers, Act as a Founder, and Better Together.
Mindtickle is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work - In compliance with applicable laws, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the respective work locations and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.