Database Reliability Engineer - II
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2023
Who we are
Mindtickle is the market-leading revenue productivity platform with enablement and operations solutions. Mindtickle is recognized as a market leader by top industry analysts and is ranked by G2 as both the #2 enterprise software product and #7 sales product. This year, Mindtickle was recognized for its outstanding customer support winning a Gold Stevie Award for Sales and Customer Service and has an A rating from Security Scorecard.
MindTickle Storage team's mission is to provide a world-class storage experience to developers that is reliable, scalable, compliant, and easy to use in a cost-efficient way.
It's a central team which
--> Oversees the entire lifecycle of database infrastructure.
--> Addresses data governance and compliance needs.
--> Promotes and enforces best practices and standardization.
--> Constructs infrastructure that benefits application development in terms of storage requirements.
DBRE team is actively developing in-house storage solutions, including a data access layer and CDC pipeline. Additionally, they leverage enterprise-level databases such as Couchbase and Elasticsearch, as well as managed database services like Amazon RDS, DynamoDB, and Elasticache, to support the infrastructure that powers MindTickle
Our current database infrastructure has 5 types of databases, 4 core services, and 5 types of data connectors deployed on 180+ instances on production, having close to 50TB of primary data and growing 2.4x per year. The infrastructure serves more than a billion requests per day and is growing 1.6x per year.
What’s in it for you?
- Having worked on MySQL as a primary database, expected experience on :
- Performance Tuning and Capacity Management.
- Backup, DR, Group Replication, and HA.
- Monitoring and observability (Monitoring tools like Datadog & Garafana).
- Experience in Infrastructure automation (Terraform/Ansible).
- Understand database best practices.
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC): Manage and enhance our IaC tools and pipelines for database deployment, recovery, backup, and migration across all databases
- Performance Monitoring: Develop and maintain instrumentation and dashboards to ensure the performance and reliability of our databases.
- Proactive Health Audits: Regularly audit database health metrics to prevent production outages and plan for scaling and maintenance activities.
- Access Control: Establish, manage, and enforce access control, roles, and permissions for database users and applications.
- AWS Cloud Management: Monitor and automate AWS cloud notifications, including database updates, upgrades, EC2 maintenance, and node failover.
- Security Oversight: Own and implement security measures to harden database nodes and access.
- Cross-Team Collaboration: Collaborate with other teams to support database operations, migrations, client upgrades, and performance optimization.
- Performance Metrics: Generate reliable metrics for database performance, compliance, and SLAs on a regular basis.
- Cost Reporting: Create, maintain, and review reports and dashboards detailing overall database costs and costs per service and team.
- Reliability Tools: Design, develop, and build tools to enhance the reliability, availability, and scalability of our database infrastructure.
- Resilience Enhancements: Design and implement enhancements to production systems, prioritizing resilience to achieve and exceed Service Level Objectives (SLOs).
- Infrastructure Automation: Automate key infrastructure components to streamline operations.
- Architectural Leadership: Influence, design, and introduce new standards and methods for large-scale enterprise systems.
We’d love to hear from you, if you:
- Have 4-8 years of hands-on experience in managing and provisioning on-prem MySQL databases.
- Possess proficiency in AWS cloud platform services and features.
- Have Knowledge of or willingness to learn additional database platforms such as Postgres, Couchbase, Elasticsearch, Redis, and Kafka.
- Obtain Strong communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with diverse teams and clients.
- Own a customer-centric mindset to understand and meet the needs of our clients.
Our culture & accolades
As an organization, it’s our priority to create a highly engaging and rewarding workplace. We offer tons of awesome perks and many opportunities for growth.
Our culture reflects our employee's globally diverse backgrounds along with our commitment to our customers, and each other, and a passion for excellence. We live up to our values, DAB, Delight your customers, Act as a Founder, and Better Together.
Mindtickle is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work - In compliance with applicable laws, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the respective work locations and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.