Director of Financial Planning and Analysis
Liquidia is deeply passionate and committed to the discovery, engineering, and development required to bring novel therapies to patients who need them most, and to the healthcare providers who care for them. Our current drive is toward improving the treatment of pulmonary hypertension (PH). We will continue to combine our proprietary, innovative PRINT® Technology with new and established medications, offering the potential for both better precision and improved clinical outcomes. Our team members include some of the industry’s top scientists, clinicians, business strategists, engineers, and pharmaceutical executives. We work together to help people lead longer, healthier, and happier lives.
Director of Financial Planning & Analysis will report to the Controller and be will responsible for partnering with individuals across the organization to provide valuable insights, to drive data-driven decision-making, and to evaluate business performance. This also includes, preparing monthly internal and external financial reports, budgets and rolling forecasts, business cases, and will also perform detailed ad hoc analysis.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the leadership team and budget owners to develop strategic plans, annual budgets, and quarterly forecast revisions, advise on resource allocation, perform variance analyses, and proactively communicate results.
- Design and implement dashboards that report and benchmark key operational metrics in recurring reporting packages.
- Leverage your knowledge of the biotech/pharmaceutical industry to inform budget preparation, advise on potential cost savings, and report on key drivers of financial results.
- Review contracts and purchase orders for adherence to approved annual budgets.
- Enforce culture of data-driven decision-making, including proactively identifying business trends, incorporating them into our projections, and instilling the value of accurate spend management with your cross-functional partners.
- Collaborate with accounting on month-end close, specifically in relation to accruals and other areas as required.
- Assist in managing financial materials for investor relations and potential M&A or strategic deals.
- Support ad hoc projects and initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related field
- 8+ years of progressive experience in financial planning and analysis and accounting with deep knowledge in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry
- Strong proficiency in financial modeling and analysis. Experience with financial systems and tools including ERPs, financial planning tools Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Knowledge of NetSuite and Workday Adaptive Planning preferred but not required.
- Enjoys a fast-growth, dynamic environment.
- Has a strong business acumen and understanding of business strategy.
- Is an excellent communicator who can distill complex information into articulate, audience-appropriate narratives.
- Desire to interact with and proactively support business partners.
- Is self-directed, able to navigate ambiguity, and switch gears as the business dictates.
- Willing to challenge the status quo and drive continuous improvement.
- Has a proven track record of successful cross-functional partnerships.
Liquidia offers a competitive compensation package (base salary and commission) as well as a comprehensive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, 401(k) Savings Retirement Plan, ESPP, Unlimited Paid Time Off and more!
Liquidia is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Recruiting Agencies, Please Note:
Liquidia will not accept unsolicited assistance from recruiting/search agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by recruiting or search agencies to any employee at Liquidia via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search/recruitment agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Liquidia. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Liquidia as a result of the referral or through other means.