Engineer, Facilities and EHS
Liquidia is deeply passionate and committed to the discovery, engineering, and development required to bring novel therapies to patients who need them most, and to the healthcare providers who care for them. Our current drive is toward improving the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH). We will continue to combine our proprietary, innovative PRINT Technology with new and established medications, offering the potential for both better precision and improved clinical outcomes. Our team members include some of the industry’s top scientists, clinicians, business strategists, engineers, and pharmaceutical executives. We work together to help people lead longer, healthier, and happier lives.
The Associate/Senior Associate Engineer, Facilities and EHS (Fac/EHS) works within the Facilities department to provide a safe and efficient working environment for Liquidia’s growing production facility. The role will serve as the acting site safety officer and oversee all aspects of EHS planning, policy, and operations. The Associate/Senior Associate Engineer, Fac/EHS will also support Liquidia’s facility needs by planning, implementing, and maintaining the production facility (infrastructure and equipment) to ensure the facilities space and functional capabilities are able of supporting ongoing business needs. The role will be responsible for assuring capable, compliant, and safe infrastructure and processes throughout the company.
- Plan, direct and lead efforts to maintain equipment and facilities in a safe and compliant manner commensurate with good engineering practices minimizing unplanned downtime
- Serve as the chairperson of the company safety committee and lead regular safety audits, trainings and initiatives inclusively and visibly
- Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal environmental, health and safety standards and industry codes, standards and regulations
- Develop and maintain a facility management program including preventative maintenance, strategic and capital planning, budgeting and life-cycle management of facility infrastructure and equipment
- Work with technical and office staff to identify current and future facility and equipment needs, and develop and deliver planning and insight to senior management on proposed investments to support company growth
- Lead space planning activities, including space utilization, space standards, and space standards optimization
- Assist technical and scientific staff in procurement of equipment including identification and documentation of equipment requirements, sourcing, installation, set-up and maintenance
- Leading initiation, authoring and completion of Quality System elements (Change Controls, CAPAs, Deviations) related to facility, infrastructure, and site safety initiatives
- Maintain accurate documentation throughout all work activities
- The role will be responsible for off-hour response to any safety or facility needs that may arise outside of normal business hours
- BS in a technical discipline (engineering degree preferred)
- 2-4yrs experience in a Facilities or EHS role, experience in a life science production facility preferred
- Certified Industrial Hygienist a plus
- Proven history as a self-starter with excellent communication skills
- Mechanical aptitude and familiarity with production equipment, including automated systems
- Knowledge of industrial hygiene and safety procedures, laws and regulations
- Experience with RCRA and DOT requirements for waste disposal
- Experience in designing and implementing site Emergency Management plans, Chemical Hygiene plan
- Experience with conducting HAZOP assessments for equipment and processes including familiarity with OEB classifications and aerosol containment
- Knowledge of engineering principles and practices and regulations
- Working knowledge of quality management system elements, including change control, deviation management, and corrective and preventive actions
- Ability to work and communicate effectively within a cross-functional team and across levels within an organization
- Ability to summarize data and results for business and technical audiences
Liquidia offers a competitive compensation package (base salary and commission) as well as a comprehensive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, 401(k) Savings Retirement Plan, ESPP, Unlimited Paid Time Off and more!
Liquidia is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Recruiting Agencies, Please Note:
Liquidia will not accept unsolicited assistance from recruiting/search agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by recruiting or search agencies to any employee at Liquidia via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search/recruitment agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Liquidia. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Liquidia as a result of the referral or through other means.