Medical Science Liaison - MSL - Central
Liquidia is deeply passionate and committed to the discovery, engineering, and development required to bring novel therapies to patients who need them most, and to the healthcare providers who care for them. Our current drive is toward improving the treatment of pulmonary hypertension (PH). We will continue to combine our proprietary, innovative PRINT® Technology with new and established medications, offering the potential for both better precision and improved clinical outcomes. Our team members include some of the industry’s top scientists, clinicians, business strategists, engineers, and pharmaceutical executives. We work together to help people lead longer, healthier, and happier lives.
We are looking for a Medical Science Liaison (MSL)/ Sr. MSL. In this role, you will be responsible for facilitating scientific exchange with clinicians, KOL’s and other health care providers to provide clinical/scientific support for Inhaled Treprostinil (YUTREPIA) in PH. The incumbent will require a strong knowledge of the PH stakeholder landscape. The MSL/Sr. MSL functions as a regional medical and scientific resource who works in collaboration with other functions within the Liquidia organization. The MSL/Sr. MSL works under the guidance and supervision of the VP of Medical Affairs.
- Create awareness of Liquidia and YUTREPIA in the PH community
- Assist in the development of strategic KOL plans to provide needs-based, value-added services.
- Collaborate with Liquidia clinical operations team and other elements related to clinical trial development to ensure Liquidia study sites are provided timely support to maximize trial recruitment.
- Develop, maintain, and manage collaborations with regional and national KOLs, investigators, study staff, nurses, pharmacists, and office managers.
- Serve as a local medical/scientific resource for the medical community in PH
- Develop a deep understanding of the current PH literature and provide presentations to a broad variety of PH stakeholders.
- Attend national/regional conferences on Liquidia’s behalf to provide feedback on the current landscape, competitive landscape, and continued cultivation of relationships; primary objective to disseminate medical/scientific information regarding YUTREPIA.
- Gather and disseminate medical insights and competitive intelligence, collaborate cross functionally with Marketing/Commercial and Payor Insights teams.
- Support the establishment and maintenance of a prioritized list of external KOL’s/clinicians/centers/sites based on the evolving landscape.
- Participate in therapeutic advisory groups or Steering Committees and internal project teams, as requested.
- Develop the identification of stakeholders for medical initiatives (e.g., advisory boards), engagements and collaborate in the development of execution plans.
- Complete accurate and timely administrative reports, projects, and other required documentation.
- Create effective ongoing partnerships with corporate medical affairs, clinical development, and other cross-functional partners.
- Successfully operate in a matrix environment that provides value to multiple internal stakeholders.
- Responsible for ensuring that activities are compliant with regulatory and HCC policies and processes.
- Leverage tools and analytics to understand the PH landscape, engagement activities, inform future decisions, and accelerate execution.
Core Values: Teamwork, Collaboration, Compliance.
Education and Experience:
- Advanced scientific degree or equivalent required
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience of which direct or indirect PH and/or pharmaceutical/biotech experience is preferred.
- Knowledge or experience in pulmonary hypertension, cardiology, pulmonology, or critical care is preferred. A minimum of three years’ experience as an MSL or equivalent role.
- Relationships with PH stakeholders are preferred.
- 40-60% Domestic travel is required.
Come join an innovative thinker organization where we foster collaboration, have fun while accomplishing our goals and are patient focused!
Liquidia offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, 401(k) Savings Retirement Plan, Paid Time Off and more!
Liquidia is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Recruiting Agencies, Please Note:
Liquidia will not accept unsolicited assistance from recruiting/search agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by recruiting or search agencies to any employee at Liquidia via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search/recruitment agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Liquidia. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Liquidia as a result of the referral or through other means.