Product Marketing Manager
About Lily AI:
Lily AI is a female-founded retail AI company empowering retailers and brands by bridging the gap between merchant-speak and customer-speak. Leveraging computer vision, natural language processing, machine learning, and vertical-specific large language models (LLMs), Lily AI enhances customer shopping experiences by injecting consumer-centric language throughout the retail technology ecosystem. Interoperable with leading eCommerce platforms, Lily AI maximizes existing tech investments to deliver upwards of 9-figure revenue lift through improved product attribution, enhanced discovery, and higher customer conversion. Learn more at www.lily.ai.
We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager to join our marketing team and bind product strategy with industry and competitor research to inform effective marketing plans and tactics that drive sales.
We’re looking for a Lily AI product evangelist, someone who deeply understands the features and benefits of Lily AI and plays an integral role in driving new product launches and creating product/sales content. You’ll work closely with the marketing, product development, and sales (direct and partner reseller) teams to develop product marketing programs, industry and competitor research reports, product demo videos, website content, etc., to drive platform demand across the sales funnel.
We seek a strong writer and critical thinker with keen storytelling abilities that resonate with our retail and brand industry audiences.
We work with Google suite so our ideal candidate is well-versed in creating effective slide presentations, reports, charts, etc. You will create sales decks, case studies, product sheets, videos, interactive demos, and product webinars etc. You must have experience with digital marketing, creating web content, online promotions, and videos.
You will come to know our competitors like the back of your hand – what they do today and how we position ourselves against them. You will own sales battlecards and competitive product positioning. You will understand our buyers in the retail industry and be able to clearly articulate the “what, so what, now what” behind their needs for our products - What is it, So what does it mean, Now what do I do with it. You will develop personas and buyer journeys and help create the product-related content roadmap.
You will work regularly with the sales, product, and executive teams so you must have strong diplomatic skills and a desire for win-win collaboration. Attention to detail and high quality outputs are essential.
In this role, you will:
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition, how they are positioned, their key messaging, know their launches and other new developments, provide perspective into their outward-facing activities
- Develop messaging for each product and/or use case with distinction and clarity
- Author and own product content marketing for product positioning, case studies, battle cards, feature sheets, and other selling collateral
- Develop and execute product marketing collateral/programs to generate awareness and drive inbound in collaboration with broader marketing team
- Develop plans for the products you support in conjunction with our marketing team, including key activities and budgets to support the retention (and upsell/expansion) of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers
- Plan all product launches and releases of product improvementsAct as thought leader for the products you support including internal trainings, training our sales teams (direct and partner sellers) on the problems we solve for our buyers and end users
- Support and /or deliver analyst briefings (Gartner, Forrester, CB Insights)
What we consider critical for the role:
- 5+ years of marketing experience with 3+ years of experience in product marketing role
- Have a portfolio of past product/marketing work to demonstrate writing and communication skills with product/content marketing
- Experience with developing a compelling story that clearly articulates the Lily AI unique value proposition and how it differentiates from competition
- Ability to be self-directed, organized and be accountable for one’s work product
Compensation is competitive and will be determined based on a combination of experience, seniority, internal, external equity and location. For some context: this position in the US would pay between $111,000-164,000 USD per year, depending on experience and seniority. In other regions, compensation will be adjusted for local currency and local market rates. Lily AI compensation policy is calculated with a focus on equity and where employees can thrive.