Senior Home & Beauty Merchandise Analyst
About Lily AI:
Lily AI is a female-founded retail AI company empowering retailers and brands by bridging the gap between merchant-speak and customer-speak. Leveraging computer vision, natural language processing, machine learning, and vertical-specific large language models (LLMs), Lily AI enhances customer shopping experiences by injecting consumer-centric language throughout the retail technology ecosystem. Interoperable with leading eCommerce platforms, Lily AI maximizes existing tech investments to deliver upwards of 9-figure revenue lift through improved product attribution, enhanced discovery, and higher customer conversion. Learn more at www.lily.ai.
We are looking for a Lead Home & Beauty Merchandise Analyst (Customer Success) to join our Domain Experts styling team! This role is key to offering our accounts an exceptional experience with our products. This is a unique opportunity for you to shape the future of personalization & contribute to products built on a shopper’s emotional context.
This is a unique opportunity for you to shape the future of personalization & contribute to products built on a shopper’s emotional context.
In this role, you will:
- Lead small teams in objectives and key results for customer success to ensure all account collateral for Home & Beauty domain products are attributed
- Partner closely with CSM Team to assist with account issues and improvements
- Support CSM Team by providing expert home and beauty knowledge and assistance during account calls
- Perform quality assurance on account data pre and post project delivery
- Help develop and expand our current Home & Beauty taxonomy
- Be an integral member of the Core Trends Team by identifying and researching Home & Beauty trends across the industry to build up our attributions
- Analyze and identify patterns and trends within large data sets
- Help to train and improve our our machine learning models by evaluating automation and interpreting data to extract actionable insights
- Ability to provide constructive feedback to our engineers on tooling and processes for more efficient labeling, and to improve data quality
- Have an opportunity to Research & Develop new Home & Beauty categories and cross train into new and existing verticals
- Help scale the Domain Experts department by meeting prospective industry talent
- Mentor and develop teammates in various areas of Home & Beauty category training, supporting customer success teams and current accounts management
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues alongside CSMs, Engineers, and Project Managers
- Learn and retain Lily’s dictionary of Home & Beauty merchandise attributes to quickly become a Home & Beauty product expert and category owner
- (In partnership with our QC Team) Be accountable for our remote teams’ data auditing performance through training, feedback, and accuracy iterations
What we consider critical for the role:
- 3+ years experience in the Home & Beauty industry required (such as home furnishings, interior design, home and beauty consultation, department retail or ecommerce)
- Experience in image or data labeling and analysis preferred
- Ability to share expert knowledge and research skills about specific Home products, current trends, brands, and retailers
- Well versed in Home & Beauty styling terminology required (Passion for home and beauty!)
- Empathy for the online consumer - insights to improve the shopper experience to guide your decision making
- Ability to maintain sharp focus, even with repetitive tasks for long periods of time
- Tech savvy - knowledgeable and very comfortable in G Suite or MS Office. A quick learner for new PM software, UIs, platforms, and tools. You can follow technical concepts and digest lots of information
- Meticulous: Careful and attentive to detail, spots discrepancies and errors quickly
GSD, Innovation & Impact
- Ability to implement processes while quickly streamlining new approaches for efficiency
- Eagerness to support multiple parallel projects and teams, and accepting reprioritization
- Strong organization skills or administrative functions such as managing reports, databases, training material, and trackers
- A high sense of self-direction and motivation to deliver high-quality work under pressure
- Comfortable working in a highly collaborative, dynamic startup atmosphere with all levels and expertise.
- Curiosity, not afraid to seek help or ask questions in order to grasp the ‘why’ behind processes
- Eagerness to learn in and out of your expertise.
- You are a proactive problem solver across teams and offer up short and long-term solutions before raising issues. Follow-through and integrity is important to you.
- Creativity when facing limitations. You are highly resourceful especially at times when resources become thin.
Communication, Teamwork, & Leadership
- Experience driving and executing projects from A-Z while addressing issues and risks to the right point persons
- Experience in guiding small teams with limited direction towards goals, using planning and delegating skills, productivity tracking, concise feedback, and success metrics
- High engagement during meetings, demonstrating presence to brainstorm, problem solve, and listen to all ideas
- Excellent presentation skills to reach diverse audiences. (ie: customer-facing visuals, SOPs, project scopes, etc)
- Active listening skills and not afraid to question assumptions and get up-front clarification on projects and tasks
- Experience in looping in key stakeholder and providing project snapshots
- Develop trust to lean on your colleagues
- Courage to bring in your personal leadership style and teamwork styles
- Verbal and visual communication skills to enrich the remote work experience for all team meetings and reach resolutions
- Ability to receive, retain, and grow from in-depth team feedback while providing constructive feedback on a daily basis to peers.
- Autonomy and adaptability to changing or competing timelines and priorities
- A confident voice to represent the Home & Beauty Domain Teams
Nice to have:
- Willing to travel occasionally to the California Bay Area for team off-sites, workshops, or business reviews.
- Previous remote work experience
Hours of Operation
- Monday through Friday, 8 hours Pacific Standard Time
- Opportunities for overtime
Compensation is competitive and will be determined based on a combination of experience, seniority, internal, external equity and location. For some context: this position in the US would pay between $23-$29/hour USD, depending on experience and seniority. In other regions, compensation will be adjusted for local currency and local market rates. Lily AI compensation policy is calculated with a focus on equity and where employees can thrive.