Senior Fashion Analyst
About Lily AI:
Lily AI is a female-founded retail AI company empowering retailers and brands by bridging the gap between merchant-speak and customer-speak. Leveraging computer vision, natural language processing, machine learning, and vertical-specific large language models (LLMs), Lily AI enhances customer shopping experiences by injecting consumer-centric language throughout the retail technology ecosystem. Interoperable with leading eCommerce platforms, Lily AI maximizes existing tech investments to deliver upwards of 9-figure revenue lift through improved product attribution, enhanced discovery, and higher customer conversion. Learn more at www.lily.ai.
We are looking for a Senior Fashion Merchandise Analyst to join our team! This is a unique opportunity for you to shape the future of personalization & contribute to products built on a shopper’s emotional context.
In this role, you will:
- Partner closely with Sales Teams, Account Executives, and Customer Success teams to execute prospective account demos and provide expert fashion knowledge and assistance during customer calls.
- Label and audit image data attributes using internal programs for automation training
- Perform quality assurance on account data pre and post project delivery. Provide internal and external teams with detailed feedback on all deliverables
- Help develop and expand our current Fashion taxonomy in multiple languages
- Interpret data and extract actionable insights for automation improvements
- Analyze and identify patterns and trends within large data sets
- Evaluate automation and provide constructive feedback to our engineers on tooling and processes for more efficient labeling and to improve data quality
- Learn and retain Lily’s dictionary of fashion merchandise attributes to quickly become a Fashion product Category Expert
- Lead projects with limited direction and quickly adapt to changing timelines and priorities. Be a comfortable point person to represent our team in larger company projects with the opportunity to R&D (research and development) fashion trends and new Lily AI product offerings
- Collaborate and problem solve in meetings and be the voice for the Fashion Domain Team
- Receive, retain, and grow from in-depth team feedback. Provide constructive feedback on a daily basis to peers and teams
- Become a future support person in scaling our Domain Experts hiring, training, and scaling efforts
What you'll have:
- 2-5 years experience in the Fashion industry required
- Experience in image or data labeling and analysis preferred
- Ability to share your expert knowledge and research skills about specific Fashion products, current trends, brands, and retailers
- Familiar with all types of retail such as mid-market, fast fashion, department stores, luxury, specialty stores, hypermarkets, discount stores, secondhand, etc.
- Fashion & Styling terminology required (Passion for fashion!)
- Empathy for the online consumer - mission to improve the shopper experience as a guide to your decision making
- Ability to maintain sharp focus, even with repetitive tasks for long periods of time
- Tech savvy - knowledgeable and very comfortable in G Suite and MS Office
- Meticulous: Careful and attentive to detail, spots discrepancies quickly
Communication, Teamwork, & Leadership
- Excellent collaboration, interpersonal, and communication skills; comfortable addressing all levels within an organization
- Comfortable working with key stakeholders across teams and communicating requirements, deliverables, issues, and risks
- Eager, hands-on learning. Ability to absorb and deliver a lot of information.
- Thrives in team oriented Must be a team player and eager to learn
- Highly engaged during meetings, ability to problem solve, and consider all ideas
- Experience leading, facilitating, and executing projects from A-Z
- Strong organization skills or administrative functions such as managing reports and databases, implementing and improving procedures
- Ability to take a given process and quickly streamline new approach for efficiency
- Embraces change! Adaptive to frequent personal and team reprioritization and workflows. Eager to support multi-functionally across parallel projects.
- Highly self-directed and motivated to deliver high-quality work under tight deadlines.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work atmosphere such as a start-up environment
- Curious, not afraid to seek help or ask questions in order to grasp the why behind processes and follow technical concepts around data maintenance
- You are a proactive problem solver across teams. You are resourceful and offer up short and long-term solutions while raising issues. Follow-through and integrity is important to you.
Nice to have:
- Previous experience in fashion retail or merchandising (a plus!)
- Willing to travel occasionally to the California Bay Area
Compensation is competitive and will be determined based on a combination of experience, seniority, internal, external equity and location. For some context: this position in the US would pay between $23-$29/hour USD, depending on experience and seniority. In other regions, compensation will be adjusted for local currency and local market rates. Lily AI compensation policy is calculated with a focus on equity and where employees can thrive.