Staff Data Scientist
About Lily AI:
Lily AI is a female-founded retail technology company dedicated to empowering retailers and brands by bridging the gap between brand-speak and customer-speak. Combining visual AI with enterprise-grade product attribution capabilities, Lily enhances customer shopping experiences by injecting consumer-centric language throughout the retail technology ecosystem, from site search and demand forecasting to SEO, retail media and beyond.
Specifically, Lily AI allows major retailers and brands to:
- Improve the overall digital shopping experience, nurturing more engaged shoppers with higher eCommerce site conversion
- Achieve 8-9 digit revenue lifts
- Assign 10x more attributes for each product - from fit to style, from embellishments to occasion, seasonal and even micro-trends
- Better understand customer shopping dynamics to inform future product development and assortments as well as improve forecasting
At Lily AI, we’re serious when we say that we are committed to creating an amazing culture where each and every team member can thrive. First and foremost, we’re not just colleagues; we’re like a family - known for being caring, encouraging and always going the extra mile to help each other out. It’s startup world and as those who have worked for a startup know, every day is vastly different than the day before and as such, we place premium value on high empathy - both with our team members and our clients, fostering an environment where we listen and support each other through challenges and triumphs alike.
And speaking of the startup world, every single employee, without exception, is offered stock options because we believe everyone should be rewarded for their hard work and drive for results.
And speaking of results, earlier this Spring, we were honored to be included in the prestigious Top 100 Retail Tech Companies list released by CB Insights. While that was a proud moment, our proudest achievement is the top ratings we consistently receive from our own employees as reflected on Comparably.
Join us on our journey to transforming the world of digital commerce!
In this role, you will:
- Utilize quantitative analysis techniques to analyze large data sets and generate meaningful insights to inform decision-making.
- Collaborate with various internal teams, including Product and Engineering, to implement standard experimentation methodologies and designs.
- Continuously evaluate our experimentation platform to ensure that we measure the appropriate business metrics, apply statistical best practices, and achieve positive business outcomes.
- Conduct a comprehensive analysis of metrics lift using causal-inference methods and innovative approaches, and communicate your findings to stakeholders and senior management.
- Develop statistical models to gain insight into customer behavior and the factors that impact experimentation results.
- Foster a spirit of curiosity, and strive to identify emerging trends and insights to help us enhance the customer experience and grow the business.
What we consider critical for this role:
- 4+ years of relevant work experience as a Data Scientist.
- Masters or Ph.D. degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
- Strong understanding of statistical techniques, such as regression models, significance testing, power calculations, and causal inference. Advanced training in statistics is preferred.
- Proven experience designing metrics and creating systems to generate actionable business insights.
- Proficiency in SQL and at least one scripting language, such as Python or R.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools like Tableau, Superset, or similar platforms.
- Experience with Adobe Analytics and/or Google Analytics.
- Exceptional attention to detail and analytical skills, with the ability to detect and diagnose anomalies, errors, or issues.
- Excellent communication and presentation abilities, capable of effectively conveying complex quantitative analyses to engineering or executive-level stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience with eCommerce Analytics or AB Testing platforms is a plus.
- Experience in data engineering is a plus.
Currently, we are hiring from the following states – (candidates must be in current residence or open to relocating):
- California ● Florida ● Georgia ● Illinois ● Massachusetts
- Minnesota ● Nevada ● New Jersey ● New York ● North Carolina
- Rhode Island ● Tennessee ● Texas ● Virginia ● Washington ● Utah ● Arizona
Compensation is competitive and will be determined based on a combination of experience, seniority, internal, external equity and location. For some context: this position in the US would pay between $140,000 - $210,000 USD per year, depending on experience and seniority. In other regions, compensation will be adjusted for local currency and local market rates. Lily AI compensation policy is calculated with a focus on equity and where employees can thrive.
Something looks off?