Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, March 7, 2023
About the Role:
The Account Executive position is responsible for growing the business in the assigned territory through new business wins by leveraging personal and professional connections, demonstrating executive presence and value proposition of CleverTap . This role requires a strong ‘hunter’ mindset in a SaaS sales environment with a great track record of closing new business. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years selling SaaS Solutions to mid-market and enterprise clients where typical deal size ranges from $30K - $200K/year.
What will you do:
- Key responsibilities include outbound prospecting, maintaining and forecasting accurate pipelines and closing deals in competitive and complex buying cycles.
- Expertise in selling CleverTap value over product features and comfort in building quantified business cases and RO to help clients make a decision in favor of CleverTap.
- Own the business targets for the assigned territory and ‘hunt’ new logos.
- Establish and build relationships with key prospects through in-person networking events, social media and other channels
- Provide a product demo and impactful presentations to prospects and partners as required. Build a personal sales plan that meets monthly, quarterly and annual assigned sales quota whilst keeping in mind our business and custom sales cycle
- Constantly work on building a strong pipeline for current quarter + next quarter
- Own and lead commercial deal structuring and negotiations with the prospects ensuring required deal closures whilst operating within CleverTap’s approved commercial framework.
- Closely work with existing partners in the region and scale the business through them.
- Help our partnerships team identify relevant new partners that can fuel business growth.
- Deliver on the required sales forecast accuracy through strong monthly and quarterly forecasting acumen and pipeline management skills.
- Ensure Salesforce data always remains updated on a daily/weekly basis with meeting notes, sales funnel update, etc.
- Work and collaborate with an extended teams such as Marketing, SDR and Pre-Sales
What are we looking for?
- At least 5 years of experience in SaaS selling.
- Stronger fit exists for those having experience in working in a startup with a go-getting, hands-on approach.
- Demonstrated ability to build a territory plan from pipeline creation to deal closure.
- Connect and contacts in the potential customer ecosystem.
- Proficiency in French & English speaking is a must.
- Proven experience in leading and building a new business in the EU region.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to build relationships.
- Strong planning and organizing skills.
- Good working knowledge of a CRM (ideally Salesforce).
Good to have:
- Background in Mid-market and/or Enterprise sales for Marketing Technology (MarTech)Trained and incorporates MEDDPICC or other relevant sales methodology into deal management.
- Data driven approach towards planning.
Measures of Success:
- Quota Attainment (booking and ARR)
- Pipeline Coverage
- Win Rate
- Sales Productivity Metrics
- Sales activity data - Emails, Meetings, Marketing campaigns,etc.
Who will you report to: Regional Vice President of Sales for Europe
Why join us?
- Be a part of a global growth stage startup.
- Work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where your contribution matters.
- You are passionate about technology and its impact on the high growth mobile technology space.
- Innovate at scale, with learning opportunities.
What is working at CleverTap like?
- Be a part of a global category creator
- hyper growth B2B SaaS startup- Work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where your contribution matters
- Work, performance and results are real sources of happiness in addition to the fun of working with and celebrating success with an exceptionally talented team
- Accountability and driving outcomes is the key to success
- Your career here is limited by you and nothing else
- Teamwork trumps individual success
- You are passionate about experience technology and its impact on enabling growth
- Innovate at scale, with learning opportunities and having fun along the way!
About the Function:
We are outcome driven and we run with heart while leading with our core values:
P : Act with First Principles
I : Take Initiative
L : Seek to Learn
O : Take Ownership of Outcomes
T : Help Achieve Together
S : Speak up then Commit
CleverTap is the World's #1 Retention Cloud that helps app-first brands personalize and optimize all consumer touch points to improve user engagement, retention, and lifetime value. It's the only solution built to address the needs of retention and growth teams, with audience analytics, deep-segmentation, multi-channel engagement, product recommendations, and automation in one unified product.
The platform is powered by TesseractDB™ - the world’s first purpose-built database for customer engagement, offering both speed and economies of scale.
CleverTap is trusted by 2000 customers, including AirAsia, Electronic Arts, TED, English Premier League, TD Bank, Carousell, Papa Johns, and Tesco.
Backed by leading investors such as Sequoia India, Tiger Global, Accel, and CDPQ the company is headquartered in Mountain View, California, with presence in San Francisco, New York, São Paulo, Bogota, London, Amsterdam, Sofia, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, and Jakarta.
For more information, visit clevertap.com or follow on LinkedIn and Twitter.
See more open positions at Leanplum
Something looks off?