Senior Product Manager - Life Insurance
We saw a problem within the life insurance industry: getting covered took too long, involved too much paperwork, and required too many in-person meetings with salesy agents. Having lost his father at a young age, our CEO, Jamie, was determined to make it easier for people to get the coverage they needed to provide for their families. So, we got to work. We developed a method of real-time underwriting and, in doing so, reduced the months-long process of applying for life insurance to minutes. Our digital experience is quick (instant decisions!), loved by users (check out our Trustpilot or Google reviews) and prolific ($60 billion+ in coverage provided).
About the role
The Ladder Product Team is looking for a Senior Product Manager to help us bring our mission to life. You’ll be responsible for driving growth as you lead cross-functional projects with engineers, designers, and content strategists to build, test, iterate, and scale features that solve user problems, both above and below the waterline.
If you're interested in doing mission-driven work with smart, caring people, we’d love to hear from you.
How you'll make a difference
- Stand in the shoes of our users and maintain a constant pulse on their needs and the problems they face
- Develop a deep understanding of our product — a delightful, smart, straightforward user experience that works in concert with precision underwriting to build the foundation for a decades-long, strong user relationship
- Live and breathe our data. It’s the first line of feedback from users
- Leverage data and user research to identify and prioritize new product opportunities
- Design, develop, and execute experiments to test data-driven hypotheses for driving product growth
- Prioritize relentlessly to make sure we are doing work to the greatest benefit of our users
- Communicate the product vision
Who you are
We work in a regulated industry. Often that limits our ability to launch features, which might make sense from user experience. This is commonly where a lot of PMs struggle. Having an applicant who is able to balance risk vs reward, and can patiently work through the limitations of a regulated industry, could be very helpful.
- 5+ years of product management experience at a consumer technology product company
- Solid experience in experimental design, statistics, and other analytical concepts for experimentation
- Experience managing complex stakeholder engagements
- Experience working in a regulated industry (finance, insurance, healthcare etc) will be helpful
- Deep user empathy and experience building products to solve user problems
- Strong product/design sense as evidenced by years of shipping delightful products and features
- Solid analytical skills and experience using data with product thinking and judgment to drive product decisions
- Experience working with data scientists and engineers to use machine learning models to drive growth
- Excellent communication skills
- A spirit of curiosity and generous listening
What we Offer
Whether you work in our beautiful office in Palo Alto or remotely, Ladder is highly collaborative and fun. To support you in your role, we offer fantastic perks and benefits that reflect our mission of care and support, including:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage | We offer competitive healthcare,dental and vision plans for you and your family.
- Flexible paid time off | Take the time that you need to rest and recharge, including our week-long winter holiday closure.
- Stock options | We offer competitive stock option packages to participate in the success of building Ladder, including an extended option exercise window of 7 years after two years with Ladder.
- A rewarding 401k match program | We'll match up to 4% of your contributions as you save for your retirement goals.
- Ladder Fit Program | Your health matters. That’s why Ladder provides a monthly reimbursement for wellness-related expenses.
- Commuter benefits | When you work from the office, you will receive pre-tax
- benefits for your commute and free parking.
- A stocked, beautiful new office | Located in downtown Palo Alto, our office was specifically designed to accommodate all working styles. We've invested in technology to support our hybrid team, plus we provide office snacks and daily catered lunches so that team members can work well and have fun together.
- Paid parental leave | We think it's crucial that new parents have time to adjust to their new lives without worrying about work. For birthing parents, they are eligible for 6-8 weeks post delivery recovery. Afterwards, all parents inclusive of birthing, adoption, or fostering are eligible for ten weeks of paid baby bonding with a gentle phase-back program, where parents can return to work on a reduced schedule for the first month at full pay.
- Work-from-home flexibility and support | We recognize that everyone's homelife is different and support remote and hybrid work. Upon joining, we provide a one-time remote office stipend for all team members and then a monthly stipend to cover WFH costs such as the internet.
- Fun company-wide events | Whether we work locally or remotely, we genuinely enjoy spending time together. That’s why we plan fun virtual and in-person events to let loose and laugh.
The base pay range targeted for this position is $160,000 - $190,000. This role is eligible for equity and benefits as shared above. Base pay is determined by market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Ladder is building a diverse team of talented and enthusiastic people. We are an equal opportunity workplace. At Ladder, differences are celebrated and supported to benefit our people, product, and community. Let us know why you're interested in this position and what unique contributions you can make to the Ladder team. We look forward to hearing from you.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria – unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements. We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested: we'd love to know how you can elevate our team with your unique experience!