Senior Human Resources Business Partner
People & HR
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, August 9, 2023
Kepler is on an audacious mission: to bring the internet to space. Founded in 2015, our ambition is to provide internet connectivity in space, whether in LEO, MEO, GEO, or beyond. With an expanding base of early customers and our first 21 satellites in orbit, Kepler is continuing to grow and expand its most important asset – the Team!
We are seeking a highly skilled Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our team and play a crucial role in aligning human resources strategies with the overall business objectives of the organization. You will act as a strategic advisor and trusted partner to senior leadership and business leaders, providing expert guidance and support in all areas of HR. Your primary responsibility will be to develop and execute HR initiatives that drive organizational effectiveness, talent management, employee engagement, and cultural development.
- Strategic HR Planning: Collaborate with management to understand business goals and challenges, and develop HR strategies and action plans to support these objectives. Identify HR trends, emerging issues, and best practices to ensure the organization remains competitive and compliant.
- Employee Relations: Provide guidance and coaching to managers and employees on employee relations matters, including performance management, disciplinary actions, and conflict resolution. Ensure fair and consistent application of HR policies and practices.
- Performance Management: Implement performance management programs, including goal setting, performance evaluations, and development plans. Advise managers on performance improvement strategies and support employee career growth.
- Organizational Development: Identify opportunities for organizational development and design initiatives to improve productivity, engagement, and employee satisfaction. Implement change management strategies to support successful organizational transformations.
- Employee Engagement: Drive initiatives to enhance employee engagement, satisfaction, and retention. Conduct employee surveys, analyze data, and develop action plans to address feedback and improve the employee experience.
- Training and Development: Collaborate with Kepler Leadership team to identify training needs and design relevant programs for employee skill development and career advancement.
- Compensation and Benefits: Work with the compensation team to design competitive salary structures, bonus programs, and benefits packages that attract and retain top talent while aligning with the organization's financial goals.
- HR Compliance: Ensure compliance with labor laws, regulations, and company policies. Keep abreast of HR best practices and industry trends to implement effective HR practices that comply with legal requirements.
- HR Metrics and Reporting: Analyze HR data and metrics to identify trends, insights, and opportunities for continuous improvement. Generate regular reports for senior leadership to inform decision-making.
- Talent and Acquisition: Support the recruitment team with offer data and materials, ensuring candidates are aligned with Kepler values and culture.
- Onboarding and Offboarding: Provide an onboarding to new hires that sets them up for success. Collect feedback throughout the employee’s journey and when offboarding occurs.
- Assist international employees with Immigration matters.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field. Relevant certifications (e.g., CHRP, CHRL) are a plus.
- Proven as an HR Business Partner or in a senior HR leadership role.
- In-depth knowledge of HR principles, practices, and employment laws.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to understand and align HR strategies with overall business objectives.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills.
- Strong knowledge and experience using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Demonstrated experience in talent management, employee relations, and organizational development.
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple priorities, and navigate complex and ambiguous situations.
- Strategic thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities.
- Strong leadership and coaching skills to mentor and develop HR team members.
- Experience with Humi, Gusto or Paycor is a plus.
Kepler Communications Inc. is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, people who identify as LGBT and others who may contribute to diversification in our workplace.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Kepler will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact our People & Culture team, through our Career Page to make your accommodation needs known and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.