Prompt Evaluation Intern (f/m/d)
Posted on Saturday, September 9, 2023
🙌 Who are we?
-A commercial open-source company that empowers businesses and developers to create cutting-edge neural search, generative AI, and multimodal services using state-of-the-art LMOps, MLOps, and cloud-native technologies
- Founded in Feb. 2020, raised $37.5M in 20 months. Now a global team of 65 with three offices: Berlin (HQ), Shenzhen, and Beijing.
- One of the high-valued & high-potential AI startups in the world, featured on Forbes DACH AI30 2020, CBInsights AI 100 2021 & 2022.
✨ Who do we want?
- You are passionate about multimodal intelligence and making it accessible to everyone.
- You want to work with the latest technologies and are fascinated by AI/ML.
- You are a fast learner and a team player and enjoy working in an async, distributed environment.
- You are proactive and take ownership of your projects.
- You have excellent communication skills in English.
💁 About this position
We are looking for a TypeScript engineer intern who will help us create evaluation scores for our Prompt Technology tools, to track the improvements over time.
Please, note that we are looking for someone who can join us in our Berlin office and that we are not offering visa sponsorship for this role at the moment.
Your main responsibilities would be:
- You'd be an active team member in our engineering team and will assess in the creation of evaluation scores of our LLM outputs
- You willl build up evaluation systems that run on CI
- You will create graphics to track the evaluation scores of the different apps over time
- You will ensure the evaluation system is adaptable, allowing for the addition of new apps or features over time
Requirements for this position would include:
- We're looking for self-motivated and autonomous workers, who take ownership and initiative in their own work
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related field. Advanced degrees may be preferred.
- Individuals with >2 years of experience with TypeScript
- Individuals with experience working with CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery) systems.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to explain complex data to non-technical stakeholders.
😊 Benefits & Perks
💰 Competitive salary
🌎 Multi-cultural & diverse team
🎓 Numerous opportunities to present/attend top AI/OSS/industry conference
🦄 Rapid career development opportunities alongside the company
🏢 Central office in downtown Berlin, Shenzhen, Beijing
⛱️ Free snacks & drinks, monthly team events, flexible working hours, home office options
💻 Macbooks & top-notch equipment
💼 Hiring Process
Candidates can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- The first round is the CV screening, candidates will receive an email that contains a link for booking the next round. This process takes a maximum of one week.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30-minute screening call specifically on Zoom with one of our global recruiters.
- Next, candidates will be invited to a Technical Peer Interview. During the interview, which will last 1 hour, the team will examine your fundamental knowledge and coding skills as well as your motivation to join Jina AI; one should also expect a live-coding challenge in 10 to 15 minutes.
We will collect the feedback from all interviewers and make a decision in a maximum of two weeks (on average it takes 5 working days). Then the candidate will be invited to another 15-minute call with our recruiters to discuss the terms of the offer.