Data Engineer Intern (f/m/d)
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
🙌 Who are we?
-A commercial open-source company that empowers businesses and developers to create cutting-edge neural search, generative AI, and multimodal services using state-of-the-art LMOps, MLOps, and cloud-native technologies
- Founded in Feb. 2020, raised $37.5M in 20 months. Now a global team of 65 with three offices: Berlin (HQ), Shenzhen, and Beijing.
- One of the high-valued & high-potential AI startups in the world, featured on Forbes DACH AI30 2020, CBInsights AI 100 2021 & 2022.
✨ Who do we want?
- You are passionate about multimodal intelligence and making it accessible to everyone.
- You want to work with the latest technologies and are fascinated by AI/ML.
- You are a fast learner and a team player and enjoy working in an async, distributed environment.
- You are proactive and take ownership of your projects.
- You have excellent communication skills in English.
💁 About this position
The Data Engineer Intern will collaborate with our software engineers, and machine learning engineers on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
Please, note that we are looking for someone that can join us in our Berlin office and that we are not offering visa sponsorship for this role at the moment.
Your main responsibilities would be:
- You will develop, construct, test, and maintain architectures (data lake, data warehouse, etc.)
- You will work on data acquisition, data transformation, and data management
- You will work with stakeholders including Product, Data, and Machine learning engineers to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- You will ensure data quality and integrity
- You will work on the implementation and support of ETL process (Extract, transform, load)
- You will monitor performance and advise any necessary infrastructure changes
Requirements for this position would include:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Interested in message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable data stores
- Experience with Python, Scala or similar
- Experience with big data tools: Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC, S3 etc.
😊 Benefits & Perks
💰 Competitive salary
🌎 Multi-cultural & diverse team
🎓 Numerous opportunities to present/attend top AI/OSS/industry conference
🦄 Rapid career development opportunities alongside the company
🏢 Central office in downtown Berlin, San Jose, Shenzhen, Beijing
⛱️ Free snacks & drinks, monthly team events, flexible working hours, home office options
💻 Macbooks & top-notch equipment
💼 Hiring Process
Candidates can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- The first round is the CV screening, candidates will receive an email that contains a link for booking the next round. This process takes a maximum of one week.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30-minute screening call specifically on Zoom with one of our global recruiters.
- Next, candidates will be invited to a Technical Peer Interview. During the interview, which will last 1 hour, the team will examine your fundamental knowledge and coding skills as well as your motivation to join Jina AI; one should also expect a live-coding challenge in 10 to 15 minutes.
We will collect the feedback from all interviewers and make a decision in a maximum of two weeks (on average it takes 5 working days). Then the candidate will be invited to another 15-minute call with our recruiters to discuss the terms of the offer.