Senior UX Designer
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 4, 2024
Our mission is to drive manufacturing efficiencies through technology that empowers teams to build products better, faster, and with less waste. Brands like Bose, Cisco, and SolarEdge use our technology to optimize their manufacturing processes and deliver superior products in less time. Our SaaS manufacturing platform bakes AI and data traceability directly into the manufacturing process, giving our customers an unparalleled ability to discover, solve, and monitor critical manufacturing issues in record time.
About the Role:
As a member of Instrumental’s Design team, you’ll play a vital role in helping us create a new category of software to accelerate the transformation of the manufacturing industry. By leveraging partnerships with product and engineering, you will build tools that give hardware engineers the superpowers to find and fix the manufacturing issues that drive real-world waste.
The best person for this role has experience driving the full lifecycle of enterprise software design, from up-front research, insights, and strategy, through to ideation, prototyping, and testing, and to delivery of final designs, to build engaging and impactful tools. This person thrives in a fast-paced environment, and is comfortable making decisions in the face of ambiguity.
We're Looking for Someone Who:
- Has 3-5+ years of UX design experience, preferably working on B2B enterprise applications.
- Is customer obsessed. You prioritize deeply understanding user context, needs, and problems. You’re focused on delivering solutions that drive real value for users.
- Is self-motivated and able to drive a project forward without close supervision.
- Engages with the product strategy, grounding their specific design explorations and decisions in clearly articulated rationales which advance our strategic priorities.
- Has a portfolio which demonstrates strong interaction design capabilities.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Solving complex UX challenges, empowering hardware engineers to find and fix manufacturing issues by leveraging advanced AI through user friendly interfaces.
- Using your experience to quickly move projects forward, applying domain expertise, establishing best practices, and effectively advocating for your point of view.
- Creating sketches, wireframes, high-fidelity comps, prototypes, and written documentation to support design ideation, exploration, communication, and implementation.
- Collaborating with Product & Engineering to guide the product strategy through a UX lens.
We'd Love to Chat if You Have:
- Experience designing solutions aimed at serving complex specialty users (e.g. engineers, scientists, medical professionals), especially if it had a heavy AI or analytics component.
- Experience working with the manufacturing industry, either on a software solution within the space, or working for a high-volume consumer electronics manufacturer.
- Voracious curiosity - you want to know how things are made, why they’re made that way, and how they could be made better.
When You Apply:
Please submit a link to your design portfolio. This is required for consideration for this position. We’re a growing team that works collaboratively, supports each other, and is energized by having impact. We value passion and the ability to learn – you’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t match the job description precisely!
The following is a representative annual base salary range for this position within the Bay Area: $150-$165k. In addition, job level & salary opportunity is evaluated through our interview process – we review experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of each applicant.
All candidates must have an unrestricted right to work in the U.S.