Staff Site-Reliability Engineer
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Instrumental technology is used by the world’s most admired electronics brands like Bose, Cisco, and SolarEdge to significantly reduce the 20 cents of waste in every dollar spent in manufacturing. We aim to cut that waste in half, and we’re building a fundamentally new product and technology to do so.
About the Role:
As an SRE, you’ll work closely with our engineering and product teams to help build and scale our fast-growing infrastructure used by our customers to debug, optimize, and scale their mission-critical manufacturing capacity. As a startup, we’re looking for broad generalists in AWS, Terraform, and Linux that have a deep sense of customer empathy and a desire to act with urgency.
Here are some examples of projects that you can expect to work on:
Automate the fleet management of our hardware devices used on assembly lines.
Standing up isolated single-tenant infrastructure to support customer compliance and scaling needs.
Scripting to automate telemetry, troubleshooting, and alerting.
We'd Love to Chat if You Have:
- Preferred experience using Terraform although we’re open to backgrounds in Ansible or other declarative configuration management language experience (Puppet, Chef, Salt, or CloudFormation)
- Enjoy connecting with cross-functional engineering and product teams - you're an excellent partner and highly customer-oriented
- Prior experience using BASH or other shelling scripting language
- Linux knowledge and troubleshooting experience
- A passion for understanding and solving problems - you bring a curiosity and desire to learn how things work to make them even better.
- Previous exposure to AWS or other cloud management experience
- Familiarity with Docker containers
- Highly organized and a willingness to create great documentation for your fellow teammates.
- Experience communicating with different stakeholders across the company, including non-technical leaders
- 5+ years of experience as a Systems Administrator or a DevOps Engineer
- Familiarity with network troubleshooting skills in cloud environments (basic protocols, routing)
This position requires access to items and data that are developed under U.S. government contracts and subject to dissemination controls that limit access to U.S. citizens only.
We’re a growing team that works collaboratively, supports each other, and is energized by having impact. We value passion and the ability to learn – you’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t match the job description precisely!
The following is a representative annual base salary range for this position within the Bay Area: $198,000 - $216,000. In addition, job level and salary opportunities are evaluated through our interview process – we review the experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of each applicant.
Instrumental is proud to offer a highly-rated variety of benefits, including health, vision, dental, commuter plans, and parental leave.