Sales & Business Development
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2023
Our mission is to drive manufacturing efficiencies through technology that empowers teams to build products better, faster, and with less waste. Brands like Bose, Cisco, and SolarEdge use our technology to optimize their manufacturing processes and deliver superior products in less time. Now more than ever, electronics companies require Instrumental's support to improve yields, save money, and deliver products on time. We employ a consultative, direct-sales approach with VP, SVP, and C-level buyers.
This is a great opportunity to establish the Account Management role at Instrumental – a critical role meshing deep relationship-building with the business impact of direct dollar expansion. As an AM, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring our clients' ongoing success and maximizing their potential with our products/services. You will be the primary point of contact for our largest multinational clients – deeply understanding their businesses, helping them to embed our technology in their processes, nurturing relationships, and owning the renewal and expansion sales process.
Key Responsibilities/What You'd Own:
- Ensure renewals and identify expansion opportunities by aligning customers' strategic goals and Instrumental’s product roadmap. Collaborate internally for a seamless process.
- Cultivate strategic relationships with client stakeholders, gaining insights into their goals and challenges to position our products and services as strategic assets for their manufacturing operations.
- Drive value by partnering with clients to comprehend their strategic and operational goals and deliver expert guidance on optimizing the benefits of the Instrumental platform. Provide industry insights, best practices, and relevant resources to support clients in accomplishing their objectives.
- Perform executive business reviews with clients to showcase the results and impact attained through the Instrumental platform. Leverage these reviews to spotlight potential expansions and address any concerns that may arise.
- Leverage data and analytics to track client usage, engagement, and satisfaction levels to proactively resolve issues and pinpoint growth opportunities.
- Demonstrated success in Account Management, or related roles with direct account and expansion ownership selling to executives
- Direct experience with supply chain or manufacturing businesses and a deep understanding of how to transform movement in specific KPIs (such as yield, throughput, etc) to overall organizational value or the P&L
- Strong interpersonal skills – you are a natural team player who leads from the front and by example; you enjoy engaging and building relationships with new people
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills, with a knack for executive presentations
- A strategic mindset, with the ability to set the right goal, build an operational plan, and deliver
This position requires access to items and data that are developed under U.S. government contracts and subject to dissemination controls that limit access to U.S. citizens only.
We’re a growing team that works collaboratively, supports each other, and is energized by having impact. We value passion and the ability to learn – you’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t match the job description precisely!
The following is a representative annual base salary range for this position within the Bay Area: $142,000 - $158,000. This position is additionally eligible for variable incentives. In addition, job level and salary opportunities are evaluated through our interview process – we review the experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of each applicant.
Instrumental is proud to offer a highly-rated variety of benefits, including health, vision, dental, commuter plans, and parental leave.