Build Better Sales Engineer
Sales & Business Development
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2023
Our mission is to drive manufacturing efficiencies through technology that empowers teams to build products better, faster, and with less waste. Brands like Bose, Cisco, and SolarEdge use our technology to optimize their manufacturing processes and deliver superior products in less time.
Our go-to-market process is based on delivering business and operational value to the engineering and manufacturing organizations we serve. Instrumental’s technology allows engineers and their leaders to keep programs running on time and deliver a higher-quality product to their customers. As part of our go-to-market team, you will be helping the top electronics companies to #buildbetter. The right person for this role loves hardware engineering & electronics manufacturing and has a passion for improving efficiency, reducing waste, & delivering measurable business value.
We are looking for hardware engineers, manufacturing operations professionals and program managers that have shipped products and have an in-depth understanding of the problems we are solving. Instrumental was built by engineers for engineers, and needs folks that are ready to take the experience they have accumulated and help others #build better. Your expertise will be invaluable in setting a winning sales strategy from targeted outreach to closing deals with major enterprise brands.
This is a unique opportunity to directly show this industry how our technology can transform the way the world’s best products are made. Come join our go-to-market organization, a unique team composed of engineers that have decided to take the leap into business and sales because it allows us to work on multiple products at the same time, move our industry forward with AI, and develop relationships within our engineering and manufacturing community.
We're Looking for Someone Who:
- Has 5+ years of demonstrated personal success selling engineering or manufacturing software into new logo multinational companies in multiple executive stakeholder deals, 6-9 month sales cycles, and 6-7 figure contract sizes.
- Loves the building stage of startups and brings experience finding new paths to success: rolling up their sleeves, rolling with the punches, and solving customer pain points – all with startup urgency. You are a heat-seeking missile for customer pain and derive great satisfaction from the journey of solving customer problems with technology.
- You are an adaptable and resourceful hunter. If something doesn’t exist, you’ll build it. If a customer has an objection, you’ll figure out how to deliver the right business case. If you don’t have enough in your pipeline, you’ll fill it.
- Prefers to get in front of customers face-to-face and is willing to travel to do so.
- Has experience selling or working with big data, digital transformation, analytics, and/or verticalized AI to technical buyers. OR prior specialized experience in selling manufacturing software, or into the high-tech electronics, industrial electronics, automotive Tier 2/3s, or aerospace & defense space.
What You'll Be Doing
- Building your own book of business: This means you must be comfortable reaching out to people you don’t know. We will help set you up for success with tools, marketing, and support - this role is focused on working with net new customers, not existing ones.
- Developing business cases: We sell value, our team always calculates return on investment when developing a proposal with a customer.
- Listening to your customers and presenting solutions: You will collect information from multiple stakeholders on what key business objectives are and where there are opportunities for improvement.
- Selling as a team: While you own and operate the sales cycle with new customers, Marketing, Solutions Architects, Customer Success, TPMs and Product Managers all work together to deliver value to our customers.
- Finding new paths: We are a growing organization delivering new technology into an industry that is undergoing constant change.
- Contracts, infosec & finance: Closing deals requires partnering with your customers’ finance, legal, and IT teams
This position requires access to items and data that are developed under U.S. government contracts and subject to dissemination controls that limit access to U.S. citizens only.
We’re a growing team that works collaboratively, supports each other, and is energized by having impact. We value passion and the ability to learn – you’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t match the job description precisely!
The following is a representative annual base salary range for this position within the Bay Area: $110-150k. This position is additionally eligible for substantial variable incentives as part of overall on-target earnings. In addition, job level and salary opportunities are evaluated through our interview process – we review the experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of each applicant.
Instrumental is proud to offer a highly-rated variety of benefits, including health, vision, dental, commuter plans, and parental leave.