Marketing Project Manager
Marketing & Communications, Operations
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2023
Instrumental technology is used by the world’s most admired electronics brands like Bose, Cisco, and SolarEdge to significantly reduce the 20 cents of waste in every dollar spent in manufacturing. We aim to cut that waste in half, and we’re building a fundamentally new product and technology to do so.
The past few years have brought massive change to the marketing space, particularly in B2B technology companies. In response, at Instrumental, we have built a marketing strategy centered around delivering valuable knowledge and experiences to our users and buyers.
We’re looking for someone who is excited about working directly with our C-level executives to deliver on high-impact, diverse strategies to build our roster of customers. You’ll be looking at data with a critical lens and doing quick iterations based on cues you’re getting from the market.
This role will focus primarily on project management, strategy iteration, & execution. We’re particularly looking for someone with a strong interest in business strategy – perhaps you just finished your MBA or would like to start your own company one day. This role will give you direct exposure to running initiatives with our founders that make a strong impact on growth.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Project Management & Ownership: You’re the producer for a constant stream of value from ideas to our prospective customers. You own the orchestration of all players and moving pieces to reliably deliver against goals and timelines. Focus areas may evolve over time but are likely to include:
- Handbook Architect: You’ll coordinate subject-matter expert interviews and contract writers to provide regular knowledge content to thousands of executives.
- Audience Engagement: You’ll ghost-write, generate artwork for, and schedule social media posts across our critical platforms and our newsletter list, engaging with others to increase our following.
- Events: You’ll evaluate potential events, track necessary actions, and contribute your own energies to ensuring successful exhibitions or meetings.
- Experimentation: You’ll devise and execute marketing experiments, with an eye on the success metrics, to identify opportunities to improve our performance or inform our strategy.
- Strategy Iteration: You’ll collaborate with our leadership team to provide input & data to drive and iterate on our marketing strategy, as we scale our go-to-market team.
We're Looking for Someone Who:
- Has 2+ years of experience in a B2B SaaS company in a marketing or adjacent role or has 2+ years of experience as an EPM/TPM/OPM or similar at a hardware company. If you have significantly more experience and are interested in this role, please apply – we want to align to the best candidate for the role versus screening for a specific level.
- Is a list-maker, planner, and kanban-board cultivator – you have demonstrated experience thriving at the center of the orchestration of complex systems. You have a high attention to detail and never let balls drop. You love crossing things off the to do list.
- Wants to shoot their shot – you know you can drive huge impact if only someone would give you a chance to do so. This role is a great opportunity to get broad exposure to a variety of marketing disciplines, either as a next step in your marketing career or a jump into broader marketing/business strategy from an MBA program or other type of position.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills. You’re an editor who knows how to leverage experts and make them better, but you can also make your own materials to accomplish the mission.
- Demonstrated ability to be a quick study. Whether it’s coming up to speed on a new market, learning nine pages of jargon, generating your own art in MidJourney, or figuring out how to code HTML for emails to send a newsletter – you have no fear of learning something new to get the job done.
- Has exposure to manufacturing or supply chain and is genuinely interested in manufacturing. Truly.
We’re a growing team that works collaboratively, supports each other, and is energized by having impact. We value passion and the ability to learn – you’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t match the job description precisely!
This role is unique in that we would consider a broad range of levels – from entry-level to senior. The following is a representative annual base salary range for the entry-level version of this position within the Bay Area: $103,000-$115,000. In addition, job level and salary opportunities are evaluated through our interview process – we review the experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of each applicant.
Instrumental is proud to offer a highly-rated variety of benefits, including health, vision, dental, commuter plans, and parental leave.