Manager, Sales Systems & Tools
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
A vital part of making Instacart run are the relationships with our Retail Partners. Instacart’s Business Development Retail team owns and manages relationships with all of the retailers on our platform. A key part of the organization is our Retail Excellence & Sales Operations team, helping run all operational elements of the team and enabling our account teams. This organization has three teams: Insights & Analytics, Business Planning & Cross Functional Operations, and Sales Operations.
We are hiring a Manager, Sales Systems & Tools. This person will be a key member of the Sales Operations team and will lead our efforts to ensure that Instacart’s BD Retail team has the tools & processes in place to efficiently run our Account Management and sales business. This role will be responsible for the overall vision, architecture, and iteration of end-to-end sales systems and tools that enable an efficient and transparent sales processes. It will involve cross-functional engagement between BD leadership, account teams, our Market Strategy & Planning team, as well as our partners in finance, product, engineering, business analytics and more. Any team who does, or should, rely on our Sales data will be considered a stakeholder.
This role is in a Business/Sales organization and not a technical team. A successful candidate must thrive in playing a bridging role between account management and technical teams. This means developing tool strategy and playing an end-to-end role in bringing it to life. This requires a level of experience and comfort with the business processes of sales in addition to CRM tools experience. Think spanning from sourcing and generating ideas, to implementation to change management to continuous improvement. This candidate should be able to do this in a proactive and autonomous fashion.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Own the overall systems portfolio of sales tools for BD Retail, with the goal of empowering our account teams. Dive deeply into the sales processes and make sure intended outcomes, processes and tool enablement come together.
- Own the end-to-end vision, workflows, and general architecture of systems and tools used by business stakeholders to drive efficiency, transparency, and collaboration
- Work with key stakeholders across the Account Management organization to collect business requirements, build user stories, understand the sales motion, prioritize work, and build a vision for the end state of sales tooling
- Work closely with the technical Sales Tools team and other business teams to create and maintain a clear roadmap, a framework for prioritization decisions and a governance process
- Act as the single point of contact for all CRM Systems training, user support and guidance, system flow challenges, etc.
- Drive large Sales Tools projects (such as CPQ, Order to Cash, Contract Lifecycle Management) through partnering with other business functions and technical teams; the design, implementation and landing of CPQ will be a large focus in the first year. CPQ is partially implemented, and cross-functional teams are working to redesign and continue the roll-out over the rest of this year.
- Bring on new sales tools, as needed. Work with cross-functional partners to assess needs, run RFP processes, implement and on-board.
- Partnership with the other Sales Operations roles and the Planning team to bring necessary changes to life in our sales tools
- Maintain excellent sales data hygiene and proactively look for opportunities to improve.
- 8+ years of experience with Salesforce and other sales tools
- Previous experience working in a Sales/Sales Operations organization and leading the business side of Sales Tools, as opposed to experience in only a deeply technical team (as an system admin, developer, tester).
- Strong understanding of Sales processes and how they are enabled through CRM tools; Salesforce certification/experience a plus.
- Ability to bridge from strategy to business process to technical solutions
- Willingness to put yourself in the account team's shoes to understand the depths of the process to help solve problems and frame solutions
- Excellent at the discovery process
- Experience implementing CPQ and partnering with finance on Deal Desk processes and procedures
- Experience launching new systems/tools including: conducting needs analysis, running RFP and price negotiations, managing implementation and rollout
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to frame issues, demonstrate current state to desired state, articulate ‘the why’ and bring key stakeholders along for the ride. An ability to advocate for the BD Retail Management team
- Strong cross group collaborator; ability to communicate effectively with Sales Leadership, Finance and other key stakeholders
- Are incredibly proactive, with a thirst to understand the context of problems, inquisitively look for approaches to create better processes and solutions
- Demonstrated experience in change management and landing large scale change
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize responsibilities with high attention to detail, follow-through, and resourcefulness
- Quantitative problem-solving skills and proficiency in Google Sheets or MS Excel (Salesforce CRM Analytics experience preferred)
- Flexibility and interest in working in a fast-growing, fast-paced environment with changing responsibilities, and a willingness to lend a helping hand wherever it’s needed
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.