Senior Manager, Accounting Projects
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
We are seeking a Senior Manager, Accounting Projects to join our growing Accounting team, reporting to the Controller. This position will partner with the Director and Senior Managers of Corporate and OpEx Accounting to define scalable processes and system solutions for the controllership organization. The projects will relate to the areas of GL, Consolidations, Leasing, Fixed Assets, COA and M&A. The position requires a well-rounded individual who has demonstrated the ability to drive change and deliver results in a high-growth, dynamic, and fast-paced environment.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Translate strategic vision into action by effectively driving the implementation of cross functional initiatives.
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert for Corporate and OpEx Accounting, providing insights into current state, solution recommendations, and serving as their proxy in project meetings.
- Create, implement, and maintain a process to capture and prioritize projects.
- Collaborate with teams to complete root cause analyses, gather requirements, prepare process flows, and document existing controls.
- Lead cross-functional brainstorming sessions and workshops to tease out new ideas and to understand existing pain points.
- Drive the problem solving process, support research and analysis, and collaborate with teams to determine recommendations for management’s consideration.
- Develop operational policies based on technical guidance/policies, and document operational procedures.
- Develop and implement communications strategy supporting change management efforts and ensuring adoption.
- Identify and recommend emerging opportunities, tools, trends that if implemented could significantly increase scalability, accuracy, timeliness and/or reduce risk.
- Effectively communicate opportunities, objectives, status, resource needs, and business cases.
- Create roadmaps that clearly articulate how the recommended processes and/or systems lead to improvements or the organization’s goals.
- Work closely with the Transformation team’s project managers to implement large scale transformative projects. Represent functional teams, supply insights and knowledge related to their processes, and collaboratively work to build out scalable, end-to-end solutions for the entire organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Computer Information Systems
- CPA a plus
- 8+ years of experience leading cross functional projects
- Broad knowledge of US GAAP with a deep understanding of SOX and how to define/create effective controls
- Deep understanding of financial systems and how to use the systems to operationalize technical policies
- Broad, current knowledge of best practices and emerging opportunities
- Experience with Oracle Cloud, FloQast, and/or Workiva considered a plus
- Any/all of the following experience considered a plus:
- Internal use software
- Internally developed software
- Cost, inventory, and fixed asset accounting
- Translation and remeasurement
- Ability to manage multiple projects and timelines simultaneously
- Experience in a high growth, fast-paced startup
- Strong writing, oral communication, analytical capabilities, and interpersonal skills
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
Something looks off?