We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
We are seeking a Tax Analyst to join our fast-paced Tax Team and play a key role in further developing and leading the day-to-day operations of the income tax compliance and reporting tax function at Instacart. You will also be responsible for assisting with the implementation of policies, cross-functional teaming, improving processes and identifying resources in a fast-paced environment. You will partner with key internal partners from the Controllership, Finance, Strategy, Legal, Internal Audit, Investor Relations, and Treasury to optimize tax structures, manage effective tax rates, optimize cash tax flows, and minimize risks and tax exposures. This role reports to the Senior Manager of Compliance and Provision, and would need to align core working hours to 9am-5pm PT.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Assist with the preparation of Federal and State income tax returns, quarterly estimated income tax payments, and extensions.
- Assist with the preparation of state apportionment workpapers
- Review and tie-out book-tax-adjustments included in tax filings
- Gather data requests (PBCs) to support external service providers
- online filing of tax returns and submission of EFT payments to governmental agencies.
- Prepare worldwide tax account reconciliations
- Assist in forecast modeling with respect to future effective tax rates and cash taxes
- Assist in preparation and analysis of return-to-provision adjustments
- Review state tax law changes and tax rates periodically
- Support the team in timely resolution of tax notices
- Ensure timely filing of compliance deliverables in accordance with tax compliance calendar for numerous jurisdictions worldwide
- Support the monthly close process including preparing the other business taxes accrual and monthly/quarterly taxes flux analysis and ensure that it is completed correctly and timely.
- Utilize process streams to accurately and timely satisfy monthly and quarterly local gross receipts taxes based return reporting responsibilities.
- Draft internal memos and response letters for notices from Tax authorities
- Perform tax research for determination of tax compliance requirements and for corporate planning purposes.
- Assist in Instacart’s annual R&D study, researching, gathering data and analyzing R&D tax matters and financial reports.
- Research of federal, state and international tax issues as it relates to Instacart's business.
- Support state and local income tax audits, as necessary, and interact with external agencies and third party counsel to provide IDRs in a timely manner.
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree (Accounting or Tax) from an accredited institution
- 2+ years of relevant tax experience working at an accounting firm or multi-national public company
- Experience in preparation of corporate US income tax returns
- Ability to build strong, collaborative working relationships with partners and leadership
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including established presentation skills
- Experience working in a high-growth, rapidly scaling environment
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for Instacart
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
Something looks off?