Senior Manager, Growth Partnerships
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Reporting directly to the Head of Consumer Partnerships and working closely with senior cross-functional stakeholders, our Senior Manager of Growth Partnerships will play a pivotal role in growing and developing a range of first-of-kind partnerships across a wide variety of priority growth initiatives. This leader will have the opportunity to drive Instacart's core business objectives by forging highly visible strategic partnerships with leading companies in travel & hospitality, media & telecommunications, tech and consumer health verticals. We are a high energy team dedicated to delivering strategic impact for Instacart and “shifting the curve” of the company’s growth trajectory. If this sounds like a big opportunity, it is - and if it’s a fit for you, we’d love to connect!
In this role, you will have the opportunity to influence and evolve Instacart’s partnership strategy, identify and negotiate high impact deals, as well as manage senior level relationships with partners internal & external to Instacart.
You will work closely with Product, Engineering, Finance and Marketing to enhance the value & distribution of our subscription offering, Instacart+, by way of third-party partnerships. You will also be responsible for developing and executing partnerships to expand Instacart’s reach to users via a range of integrations and partnership models with leading consumer apps and sites.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Develop and drive partnership and strategic alliance strategies, in close collaboration with cross-functional leadership
- Design, evaluate and pursue first-of-kind partnerships with industry leaders
- Manage a portfolio of partners, including owning the end-to-end relationship and maintaining senior executive-level contacts
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with a broad range of constituents, particularly with product, engineering, marketing, and legal, as well as with external partner executives
- Develop growth partnerships strategies to acquire new customers through product integrations as well as distribution and marketing deals
- Advise Instacart leadership on new products and features needed to reach new audiences and grow the pie for Instacart
- Drive business reviews with partners and ensure the delivery of high impact results
- Provide a strategic business and partnership perspective to product and engineering teams
- 10+ years of business development or partnerships experience in tech or related industries
- Entrepreneurial acumen; a leader who thrives in tackling and solving first-of-kind problems that do not have a template or playbook yet
- Ability to rigorously structure, analyze, and solve complex business problems, as well as deliver impact against concrete business goals through first-of-kind growth partnerships
- Track record in managing complex partners at senior executive levels
- Experience sourcing and pitching new partnerships, and in negotiating non-standard business or corporate development agreements
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated strategic and financial acumen
- Experience in successfully navigating and leveraging ambiguity on multiple fronts
- Demonstrated hands-on execution abilities
- Experience with subscriptions services a plus
- MBA degree preferred but not required
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
Something looks off?