Senior/Principal Research Scientist Compound Management
South San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 3, 2024
IDEAYA Biosciences (NASDAQ: IDYA) is a public, clinical-stage precision medicine oncology company committed to the discovery and development of targeted therapeutics for patient populations selected using DNA sequencing and other molecular diagnostics. Our approach integrates extensive capabilities in identifying and validating translational biomarkers with small molecule drug discovery to select patient populations most likely to benefit from the therapies we are developing. We are applying these capabilities across multiple classes of precision medicine, including direct targeting of oncogenic pathways and synthetic lethality – which represents an emerging class of precision medicine targets. We believe this diversified approach will enable us to deliver the right medicine to the right patient to drive a more robust clinical response. IDEAYA has an industry leading platform and pipeline in precision medicine / synthetic lethality. IDEAYA wholly-owns or controls its three most-advanced clinical programs. It has established strategic collaborations with GSK, Amgen, Pfizer and Gilead supporting certain clinical and preclinical pipeline programs.
When you're at IDEAYA, you will be in the midst of brilliant minds working on precision medicine therapies to help cancer patients. We are passionate and committed about being on the forefront of oncology medicine, which means we all have a high internal drive that is at the very core of every person at IDEAYA. We are inquisitive, ask deep questions, and are data-driven innovators who like to collaborate and use team work to move science forward. For more information, please see www.ideayabio.com.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Compound Management Scientist to join our dynamic Lead Discovery team. As lead of our compound management group, the successful candidate will play a crucial role in overseeing and executing the day-to-day activities related to compound storage, handling, and distribution for testing. This position emphasizes a hands-on approach, with approximately 75% of the role dedicated to laboratory work. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in compound management, with specific expertise in utilizing inventory software, such as Titian Mosaic software, as well as experience working with automation robotics and liquid handlers, such as HighRes Biosolutions.
What you'll do:
- Oversee the compound management function including performing hands-on compound management activities, inventory management, and sample preparation
- Utilize Titian Mosaic software to maintain accurate and up-to-date records of compound information, tracking storage locations, and ensuring data integrity
- Operate and troubleshoot HighRes Biosolutions robotics and liquid handling systems for the efficient and precise preparation of assay plates, ensuring compliance with standard operating procedures
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including the lead discovery group, medicinal chemistry, and biology, to ensure seamless integration of compound management activities into our overall drug discovery workflows
- Contribute to the optimization and improvement of compound management processes, identify and implement best practices and staying abreast of emerging technologies in the field
- Implement comprehensive quality assurance measures to ensure the integrity and compliance of compounds in the library and ensure compliance with Health and Safety guidelines when carrying out scientific support activities
- Collaborate with leadership team to understand organizational goals and implement SOPs that align with company objectives
- PhD, Master’s, or Bachelor's degree in a relevant scientific discipline, with at least 5-9 years of applicable experience in industry in a compound management role
- Proven experience in implementing and optimizing compound management processes, with a focus on hands-on laboratory work
- Proficiency in using industry standard software for compound management, tracking, and assay plate preparations, hands-on experience with Titian Mosaic is a plus
- Demonstrated expertise in operating liquid handling robotics, such as HighRes Biosolutions systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to adapt to evolving technologies and contribute to continuous process improvement initiatives
If you are a dedicated professional with a passion for compound management and possess the required skills, we invite you to apply for this exciting Compound Management Scientist position. Join us in advancing our commitment to innovation and scientific excellence in drug discovery.
The salary range for this position at the Senior level is between $139,500 and $162,500. The salary range is an estimate and may vary based on the Company’s compensation practices.
The salary range for this position at the Principal level is between $163,241 and $182,495. The salary range is an estimate and may vary based on the Company’s compensation practices.
The Company complies with all laws respecting equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants with regard to any protected characteristic as defined by federal, state, and local law. This position requires you to work onsite at the Company’s facilities, with partial work-from-home flexibility, and the Company requires that all employees working in its facilities be fully vaccinated (except as required by applicable law). Therefore, this position requires you to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for medical or religious reasons, and/or as otherwise required by applicable law. The Company considers you fully vaccinated once 14 days have passed since you received either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. The vaccine must have been FDA approved, have emergency use authorization from the FDA, or, for persons fully vaccinated outside of the U.S., be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization.
Along with our highly collaborative and inclusive environment, IDEAYA offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes (but is not limited to) medical/dental/vision coverage (100% company paid for employees and 90% company paid for dependents), retirement benefits, ESPP and wellness programs. All full-time employees will also be eligible for an annual bonus and equity refresh.
IDEAYA is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, IDEAYA does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets.