Accounting & Finance
South San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2024
IDEAYA Biosciences (NASDAQ: IDYA) is a public, clinical-stage precision medicine oncology company committed to the discovery and development of targeted therapeutics for patient populations selected using DNA sequencing and other molecular diagnostics. Our approach integrates extensive capabilities in identifying and validating translational biomarkers with small molecule drug discovery to select patient populations most likely to benefit from the therapies we are developing. We are applying these capabilities across multiple classes of precision medicine, including direct targeting of oncogenic pathways and synthetic lethality – which represents an emerging class of precision medicine targets. We believe this diversified approach will enable us to deliver the right medicine to the right patient to drive a more robust clinical response. IDEAYA has an industry leading platform and pipeline in precision medicine / synthetic lethality. IDEAYA wholly-owns or controls its three most-advanced clinical programs. It has established strategic collaborations with GSK, Amgen, Pfizer and Gilead supporting certain clinical and preclinical pipeline programs.
When you're at IDEAYA, you will be in the midst of brilliant minds working on precision medicine therapies to help cancer patients. We are passionate and committed about being on the forefront of oncology medicine, which means we all have a high internal drive that is at the very core of every person at IDEAYA. We are inquisitive, ask deep questions, and are data-driven innovators who like to collaborate and use team work to move science forward. For more information, please see www.ideayabio.com.
The Payroll Manager is responsible for processing full-cycle payroll to ensure employee compensation is timely, accurate and compliant in a multi-state environment. These responsibilities include calculation, preparation, and review of payroll while ensuring compliance with company policy and procedure as well as federal, state, and local payroll labor and tax regulations. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, show an initiative to learn, embrace a collaborative approach, and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
What you'll do:
- Prepares and processes semi-monthly payrolls including entry of new hires and termination calculations, review of time-off requests, leaves, file imports and complete pre and post payroll reviews. This includes maintaining supporting documentation and authorization for all changes.
- Calculate and process bonuses and other off cycle payrolls as needed.
- Reconciles benefit records maintained by HR (PlanSource, IGOE, Kaiser) to deduction reports at least monthly and resolves issues. Enters prior employer retirement contributions to avoid over contributions.
- Processes semi-monthly payrolls, consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws. This includes maintaining California requirements, processing garnishments, calculation of domestic partner imputed income and post-tax deductions, importing equity transactions.
- Understands and ensures compliance with all federal, multi-state and local payroll regulations and uses multi-jurisdictional functionality. Performs timely updates of tax rates, responds to agency tax notices, research and coordinate tax jurisdictional registration and updates.
- Reconciles quarterly the collection, accounting, and timely remittance of federal, state and local taxes. This includes review, reconciliation and amendments of quarterly and annual returns filed by the Company’s payroll tax reporting service and timely tax deposits for equity award transactions.
- Responsible for the accuracy of W-2 reporting for employees. Reconciliation of YTD earnings, deductions, taxes, group term life, 3rd party compensation and ACA health value memo to W-2 Reporting.
- Oversees system upgrades and enhancements. Coordinates system changes with ADP Customer Support to updated time and attendance updates, earnings, benefit deductions, and custom report creation and changes.
- Assists management with design and implementation of internal control measures and periodic review of compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and company payroll related policies. Supports access management and change control over payroll system. Assists management with requests and audits by providing support, reports and analysis as requested.
- Prepares regular management reports, including per pay period, quarterly and year-end reports (Gross Payroll, Hours Worked, Time Off Activity and Balances, Tax Deductions, Benefit Deductions, etc.) and supports government required reporting.
- Maintains standard operating procedures and creates redundancy within Finance team through cross-training.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops.
- Assist with ad hoc tasks as assigned and perform other duties as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business
- Minimum of 5+ years of direct, relevant experience in payroll operations (minimum 2 years’ experience using ADP Workforce Now)
- Extensive knowledge of ADP Workforce Now, Time-off and Time & Attendance systems
- Working experience and proficiency with federal and state labor laws, such as the Fair Labor Standards Act, Equal Pay Act, state wage and hour regulations, federal and state payroll tax code, etc. is required.
- Demonstrated experience creating and maintaining a culture of customer service, possess an exceptional work ethic, team mentality, positive attitude, highly driven, self-motivated, and excellent business partnering skills.
- Highly skilled with the use of payroll/compensation systems as well as productivity tools such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and programs that aid in analysis, communication, performance monitoring, etc.
- Ability to translate payroll & compensation terminology into terms understandable to employees, co-workers and management.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and perform work with a superior attention to detail.
- Maintain employee trust and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
The salary range is an estimate and may vary based on the Company’s compensation practices.
The Company complies with all laws respecting equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants with regard to any protected characteristic as defined by federal, state, and local law. This position requires you to work onsite at the Company’s facilities, with partial work-from-home flexibility, and the Company requires that all employees working in its facilities be fully vaccinated (except as required by applicable law). Therefore, this position requires you to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for medical or religious reasons, and/or as otherwise required by applicable law. The Company considers you fully vaccinated once 14 days have passed since you received either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. The vaccine must have been FDA approved, have emergency use authorization from the FDA, or, for persons fully vaccinated outside of the U.S., be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization.
Along with our highly collaborative and inclusive environment, IDEAYA offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes (but is not limited to) medical/dental/vision coverage (100% company paid for employees and 90% company paid for dependents), retirement benefits, ESPP and wellness programs. All full-time employees will also be eligible for an annual bonus and equity refresh.
IDEAYA is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, IDEAYA does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets.