Senior Manager/Associate Director, Clinical Finance
Accounting & Finance
South San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, December 9, 2022
IDEAYA Biosciences (NASDAQ: IDYA) is a public, clinical-stage synthetic lethality-focused precision medicine oncology company committed to the discovery and development of targeted therapeutics for patient populations selected using DNA sequencing and other molecular diagnostics. Our approach integrates extensive capabilities in identifying and validating translational biomarkers with small molecule drug discovery to select patient populations most likely to benefit from the therapies we are developing. We are applying these capabilities across multiple classes of precision medicine, including direct targeting of oncogenic pathways and synthetic lethality – which represents an emerging class of precision medicine targets. We believe this diversified approach will enable us to deliver the right medicine to the right patient to drive a more robust clinical response.
IDEAYA has an industry leading platform and pipeline in Synthetic Lethality. IDEAYA has established strategic collaborations with Amgen and Pfizer supporting its pipeline programs, and also has wholly-owned or controlled clinical and preclinical programs.
When you're at IDEAYA, you will be in the midst of brilliant minds working on precision medicine therapies to help cancer patients. We are passionate and committed about being on the forefront of oncology medicine, which means we all have a high internal drive that is at the very core of every person at IDEAYA. We are inquisitive, ask deep questions, and are data-driven innovators who like to collaborate and use team work to move science forward. For more information, please see www.ideayabio.com.
The Sr Manager/Associate Director of Clinical Finance will be a Finance Business Partner between Finance and the Clinical Operations team focusing on forecasting and financial close for Clinical Trials. The role will focus on the analytics that support budgets, forecasting, financial close, and reporting for IDEAYA’s robust and growing pipeline. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, show an initiative to learn, embrace a collaborative approach, and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
What you'll do:
- The Sr Manager/Associate Director of Clinical Finance will support the development of enterprise-level financial planning, including an annual multiyear budget, semi-annual forecast, and strategic initiatives, incorporating sensitivity and risk analysis and generating departmental budgets and targets for the organization
- Clinical Trials forecasting, financial close, and Reporting processes
- Monthly R&D accrual process, including clinical trials
- Clinical Trials Metrics Forecast Reporting
- Monthly and quarterly financial performance reporting and communications, including variance analysis to functional leaders, company management, and the Board of Directors.
- Implement the Company’s FP&A tool and ongoing support
- Review and analyze internal financial data to identify issues, opportunities, and trends to provide business owners and senior leaders with financial analysis input to drive decision-making.
- Understand and maintain Sarbanes-Oxley (“SOX”) documentation and requirements for assigned area
- Assist with ad hoc tasks as assigned and perform other duties as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA or CPA preferred
- 5-7 years of related experience with success in a growth company
- Experience in the biotech or pharmaceuticals industry required
- Strong understanding of accounting and financial reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently work within fixed timeframes and meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills with the ability to quickly grasp and apply analytical concepts.
- Solid understanding of US GAAP accounting and finance, including preparing financial statements and forecasts
- Proactive communicator with excellent verbal and written skills
- Must be capable of building solid relationships with colleagues
- Maintain the highest standards of accuracy and precision; detail-oriented, highly organized, and resourceful
- Must possess an exceptional work ethic, team mentality, positive attitude, highly driven, self-motivated, and excellent business partnering skills.
- Passion for technology and genuine desire to make meaningful contributions on a team with big aspirations.
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Experience supporting clinical trials is a plus.
The salary range for this position at the Senior Manager/Associate Director level is between $175,000 and $202,549. The salary range is an estimate and may vary based on the Company’s compensation practices.
The Company complies with all laws respecting equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants with regard to any protected characteristic as defined by federal, state, and local law. This position requires you to work onsite at the Company’s facilities, with partial work-from-home flexibility, and the Company requires that all employees working in its facilities be fully vaccinated (except as required by applicable law). Therefore, this position requires you to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for medical or religious reasons, and/or as otherwise required by applicable law. The Company considers you fully vaccinated once 14 days have passed since you received either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. The vaccine must have been FDA approved, have emergency use authorization from the FDA, or, for persons fully vaccinated outside of the U.S., be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization.
Along with our highly collaborative and inclusive environment, IDEAYA offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes (but is not limited to) medical/dental/vision coverage (100% company paid for employees and 90% company paid for dependents), retirement benefits, ESPP and wellness programs. All full-time employees will also be eligible for an annual bonus and equity refresh.
IDEAYA is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, IDEAYA does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets.
See more open positions at IDEAYA Biosciences
Something looks off?